Away rotation flexibility?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Breezeblocks

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are schools flexible about start/end dates for away rotations or is it pretty firm? If they accept you but you have a conflict with the dates they offer will they work with you on figuring out dates or do you just have to turn them down? Trying to decide if I should withdraw from some because they don't fit with what I already have scheduled.
 
Doesn’t hurt to ask, just do it in a polite way. Withdrawing out of nowhere could be seen as a faux pas to some and lead to burned bridges.
 
Do you mean withdrawing before they send decisions out? I was worried about having to turn down offers and burning bridges, but never thought about whether withdrawing beforehand would send a bad message.