Away Rotation Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor_Dre

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if dermatology away rotations/sub-internships require all core rotations to be completed, or just some of them? Is there a resource which shows which away rotations have which pre-reqs (in terms of completed core rotations)?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if dermatology away rotations/sub-internships require all core rotations to be completed, or just some of them? Is there a resource which shows which away rotations have which pre-reqs (in terms of completed core rotations)?

You can check VSAS

Most derm aways are taken as a 4th year so the expectation probably is that you've completed all your core MS3 rotations. Many aways insist on you having completed a home derm rotation first. I believe some required a medicine sub-I beforehand too but it's been a while since I've done an away rotation so you may want to check a more recent source

You can check VSAS

Most derm aways are taken as a 4th year so the expectation probably is that you've completed all your core MS3 rotations. Many aways insist on you having completed a home derm rotation first. I believe some required a medicine sub-I beforehand too but it's been a while since I've done an away rotation so you may want to check a more recent source

None of the ones I did required a medicine sub-I...