away rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Harika93

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you guys meet with the program directors on your away rotations? If so, any particular advice? Some people say Its just good to have them see your face, so when they are looking at apps they remember you.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If you are really interested in the program then its a great idea to drop by and say hi to the pd as it shows interest. I think they certainly remember you come interview time and when they rank applicants. It certainly can't hurt.

Definitely get as much face-time with the PD as possible. It was easy for me because I was scheduled to rotate with him (and I think most PDs make an effort to meet you in a similar way). Also, you should seriously consider doing an end-of-rotation presentation of some kind, and you should make sure to do it on a day the PD is there if possible.

Another thing I found worked out well for me, I was rotating about the time I was getting all my ERAS stuff together, so it was quite natural to ask for advice regarding my CV and personal statement. He was happy to look over it and help out, and in the process get a sneak peek at my application. I suppose if your app isn't ready to be seen, that could be a bad thing, on the other hand.

Thanks Guys! Yeah, sounds like good advice. I already submitted my application but still, i will meet with the PD.

:O)