Away woes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Technorino

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So its been a real pain to secure an away spot and i still have none (i was in the middle of a crazy surgery schedule in a different city and wasnt able to get my forms all signed in time).

I will be able to get my home institution sloe but i was wondering what the next step is in getting an away so i can get that second sloe and experience EM in a different region.

I emailed a few non VSAS programs but havent heard back from them yet and im low key worried i wont be able to get a spot for august or september.

Any advice would be appreciated!

*heavy rapid breathing*

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Relax dude. You can still do an away in October / November and still be ok with one sloe already uploaded. Heck, I know people that matched with only 1 sloe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Start calling programs and asking about open spots for August or September.

While you can still get interviews with only 1 SLOE you'll be at a significant disadvantage compared to other applicants.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Talk to your school's director of EM student rotations. They have access to a list-serve where other EM MS4 rotation directors post openings. Someone in the class before mine got an away the day before he had to leave due to someone else making a last minute cancellation.

Stay the course... people do drop from aways for various reasons.

Things might start to sway in your favor.

Got all of my auditions secured pre-VSAS (DO student). Have had absolutely zero luck since VSAS opened.