Awesome afternoon in the ER!

Started by Micahfeld
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Micahfeld

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I spent my first afternoon in the ER of our local hospital, and I had an awesome experience. I was made to feel very welcome, and all of the physicians and nurses were very willing to answer my many questions.

For a small town ER, it was a very busy afternoon, and a surprising number of the cases were very interesting. To end the evening, I ended up getting to observe the orthopedic surgeon set and plate a bad break of the ulna and radius. I was fortunate to follow this case from start to finish.

I'm really looking forward to going back in tomorrow.