Awesome rotation experiences?

Started by Beej
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Beej

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! I need to start deciding on rotations for 4th year and I was wondering if anyone had exceptional experiences with any places in particular? My interests are pretty vague right now, but most of my experience is concentrated in general small animal practice and research. I'd like to do a block with a mixed animal practice, so if anyone has any recommendations I would really appreciate it. Thanks
 
If you have an interest in Spay and Neuter then I would recommend checking out Humane Alliance in Asheville, NC or the Shelter Medicine elective at Mississippi State University. Both were great experiences.
 
Are you interested in internships or going straight into practice? If interested in internships spending a week or two at ones you are interested in lets them get to know you as well as lets you find out if you actually like the place. If jobs if you know what area of the country you want to work in see if you can do a week or so at various practice--might lead to job offer or at least more consideration of your application.