Awkward situation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Charcoales

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Person has been getting 30 days supplies of controls every 2 weeks or so of benzos, narcs, and stims for a while already (dose is constantly changing/changing med), called the MD and they said it's fine they told pt to dispose of it... lol? How many 2 week early supplies before just not filling it anymore?? I'm about to refuse filling unless it is a Max of a 2 week supply on anything.

Members don't see this ad.

I like your idea. Tell the patient you're only going to fill 2 weeks days supply max until the drug and the dose is stabilized over 6 to 8 weeks. Do you see other scripts from this doctor for other patients at your pharmacy? If those seem sketchy as well, you may want to consider not taking anymore controlled scripts from the doc or the office for a while.

Person has been getting 30 days supplies of controls every 2 weeks or so of benzos, narcs, and stims for a while already (dose is constantly changing/changing med), called the MD and they said it's fine they told pt to dispose of it... lol? How many 2 week early supplies before just not filling it anymore?? I'm about to refuse filling unless it is a Max of a 2 week supply on anything.

Tell the MD and the pt, 30 days is 30 days.......See you in 2 weeks...

Reactions: 3 users
Absolutely not. If the dr isn't willing to put his license on the line by writing directions indicating it's a 2-week supply, then there would be no way I would fill it. *Maybe* once, if it was a genuine (or seemingly genuine) lost/stolen med situation, traveling outside the country, etc. But not more than once, and I wouldn't care what the dr said, unless he was willing to change the prescription.

Reactions: 2 users