AZCOM Acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

strawberryfield

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed there on 10/24/05. They said we'd hear by this week. Has anyone heard yet?
If you interviewed before then, how long did it take for you hear back from AZCOM?
Also... was it by phone call or snail mail?
They called me to set up my interview the week before, but that's probably because I live close to campus.
Thanks for your input!
:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

strawberryfield said:
I interviewed there on 10/24/05. They said we'd hear by this week. Has anyone heard yet?
If you interviewed before then, how long did it take for you hear back from AZCOM?
Also... was it by phone call or snail mail?
They called me to set up my interview the week before, but that's probably because I live close to campus.
Thanks for your input!
:luck:

I think I interviewed late Sep. and received a phone call, maybe a couple weeks later. Then official letter arrived mid-Oct.

I interviewed 9/26 and recieved the acceptance via phone call on 10/5/2005. The letter came in the mail about a week later. At the interview the admissions staff had said that it would take 4-6 weeks, but that obviously wasn't the case.

Members don't see this ad :)
Those who were accepted can u post your stats? Thnx.

interviewed 9/30, accepted 10/5

stats 26 R, 3.75 science and overall g.p.a.

I'm an idiot. I just logged into the application status check... and now it says "accepted student checklist!" WOOO-HOOOO! It says "Accepted November 3, 2005 for Fall 2006"
But seriously, why didn't they call me yet!?!?
I better be getting a call tomorrow!!
:D

when did you interview? i interviewed 10/28..havnt heard anything yet..and the application status check is unchanged =(

I still didn't get a call yet... my interview was on 10/24/05 (mon) they said the adcom would be meeting the following week... basically it just has a matriculation checklist, where it shows that they need your transcripts, immunizations and $250.00 deposit by 12/15/05 to hold a place in the class. I don't know why they haven't called yet... it's sort of melodramatic to find out on a website... :luck:

strawberryfield said:
I still didn't get a call yet... my interview was on 10/24/05 (mon) they said the adcom would be meeting the following week... basically it just has a matriculation checklist, where it shows that they need your transcripts, immunizations and $250.00 deposit by 12/15/05 to hold a place in the class. I don't know why they haven't called yet... it's sort of melodramatic to find out on a website... :luck:

They dont always have to call so i wouldn't worry about it. Have you recieved an actual acceptance letter yet?

Congratulations guys!

AZCOM is a great school, and as a MSIII rotating with students from other programs, I can say that I feel my education was great. I'm sure you will enjoy your time here as much as I have!

Cyndi

I interviewed on October 25th and haven't heard back yet (as of 11/9/05). However, I followed a lead given by one of the other posts and checked my status online. Looks like I was accepted on 11/3/05. It was my first interview and first acceptance - what a relief.

Lady Tokimi said:
They dont always have to call so i wouldn't worry about it. Have you recieved an actual acceptance letter yet?

Not yet... :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
according to my application status check: they are still expecting my letters of rec, secondary app, and physician rec letter....i think they are way behind in updating my status..lol i interviewed on 10/28

strawberryfield said:
Not yet... :confused:

Well, the only other thing is for you to call them and ask what your application status is.....that way you can have a verbal that you are indeed accepted. i think that would be the best thing for you to do.

This is what the screen says when I log in:

The status of the items required for matriculation are listed below.
This information is updated nightly.

Name: K*
Program: AZ : Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine
Application Status: Accepted November 3, 2005
Term: Fall 2006
Checklist Status Date: November 3, 2005

Admission Items
Prerequisites: Expected (see list)
Transcripts: Expected (see list)
Deposits: Expected (see list)
Matriculation Agreement: Expected
Technical Standards Form: Expected

Student Services Items
For questions about the Student Services items, please call
630/515-6470 (Downers Grove), or 623/572-3210 (Glendale).
Immunizations: Expected (see list)
Housing Application: click here

Financial Aid Items
The Financial Aid application process begins at the start of each calendar year (January 1). Once you have submitted your first matriculation deposit and it has been processed, the Office of Student Financial Services will send you information on your MWU email account as well as your username and password for the Online.Midwestern.edu system. With this web-based system, you can easily track any documents you need to submit, your financial aid application status, and your financial aid award letter. If you have already received your username and password, you can access this site at: online.midwestern.edu. For questions about the Financial Aid items, please call or email the Downers Grove Campus at 630/515-6101 or [email protected] or the Glendale Campus at 623/572-3321 or [email protected].

I'm going to call them tomorrow...
:rolleyes:

let me know what they say :)

Lady Tokimi said:
let me know what they say :)

I called and they said the Dean has been out of town, so they haven't sent out the letters because he needs to sign them and she said whatever the online status says is accurate... and she also said "congratulations!"
:D :D :D :D :D

wat about the phone call business..why arent they calling yall..

mikeypo0 said:
wat about the phone call business..why arent they calling yall..

According to Lady above, sometimes they don't call... so I dunno :confused:

Thanks Strawberryfield for the leg work. After your intial post I had looked at my online status and it read the same way yours did. Now I am so excited that I am in based upon your phone call. Thanks for this post it was truly informative!

aflo said:
Thanks Strawberryfield for the leg work. After your intial post I had looked at my online status and it read the same way yours did. Now I am so excited that I am in based upon your phone call. Thanks for this post it was truly informative!

You're welcome! Congrats to you!
:D

Hello, I'm kinda new to this forum and I was surprised to read a lot of messages. :wow: Wow, some of you have already been accepted! Congrats!!!

I just got an interview invitation to AZCOM today. My file's been complete for about a week now. I feel like I should've applied much, much earlier... Hmm...
Anyhow my options were in mid February, and I picked the earliest date which was Feb.14th. How were the interviews for those who've been interviewed there? Anything that you wish you had done in preparing for interview with them? It's still couple months away, but already getting nervous. :oops:

CerealQueen said:
Hello, I'm kinda new to this forum and I was surprised to read a lot of messages. :wow: Wow, some of you have already been accepted! Congrats!!!

I just got an interview invitation to AZCOM today. My file's been complete for about a week now. I feel like I should've applied much, much earlier... Hmm...
Anyhow my options were in mid February, and I picked the earliest date which was Feb.14th. How were the interviews for those who've been interviewed there? Anything that you wish you had done in preparing for interview with them? It's still couple months away, but already getting nervous. :oops:
That's valentine's day and my birthday :D

Check out the interview feedback. I thought it was very informative and gave me an idea of what to expect. From the second my interview started, I knew that I had already been accepted, just by the way the conversation started. A lot of people that interviewed in my group were given difficult ethics questions but my interviewers instead asked me to clarify my folder (as in "you worked with migrant workers in tobaco fields? yes its Connecticut people!) anyways, I will be attending AZCOM this fall. GOod luck and hopefully i'l c u there!

PlasticMan said:
Those who were accepted can u post your stats? Thnx.

MCAT 36Q, GPA ~3.5 (science)

FWIW, I interviewed on 10/28. The website says I've been accepted but I still haven't heard from the school (11/15). Thanks to Strawberryfield for having the guts to call the school!

30R, 3.5/3.53 GPAs

Love, love, love AZCOM but passing up state tuition is tough.

robh said:
FWIW, I interviewed on 10/28. The website says I've been accepted but I still haven't heard from the school (11/15). Thanks to Strawberryfield for having the guts to call the school!

I finally got a paper letter from them! Got in the mail yesterday, but dated 11/7/2005.

:D :D :D

strawberryfield said:
I finally got a paper letter from them! Got in the mail yesterday, but dated 11/7/2005.

Right on...............you gonna put down the deposit then??

I called the Admissions office last week about them sendin out the matriculation letter. They said that it was bein sent either late last week or early this week, so we should be expecting those somettime within the next week or so..............otherwise, i guess i'll just have to call them again.

strawberryfield said:

Got mine today along with a call from the Dean, woohoo!

:confused: anyone know if the deposit is refundable up to a certain date? I won't hear about admissions to UA (in-state school) until January at the latest. AZCOM is in my top 5, I will probably put the deposit down, but...
It seems like it would be refundable if you gave them a few months notice, so they could fill your spot if you did not attend, no? anyone know about this? I guess I'm just clueless 'cause this is my first acceptance.
:confused:

strawberryfield said:
:confused: anyone know if the deposit is refundable up to a certain date? I won't hear about admissions to UA (in-state school) until January at the latest. AZCOM is in my top 5, I will probably put the deposit down, but...
It seems like it would be refundable if you gave them a few months notice, so they could fill your spot if you did not attend, no? anyone know about this? I guess I'm just clueless 'cause this is my first acceptance.
:confused:

Unfortunately it is not.... I don't know of any schools that give a refund if you decide not to go. One of the good things though is AZCOM is very low at $250. They also usually give you 30 days to put down the deposit so you can wait a little bit at least. The $250 is on par with most MD schools. Most DO schools want a deposit of a $1000 within 30 days acceptance and another $1000 before matriculation. Both count towards your tuition, but are non-refundable if you don't go. I hope that helps... :)

mrdarthvader said:
Unfortunately it is not.... I don't know of any schools that give a refund if you decide not to go. One of the good things though is AZCOM is very low at $250. They also usually give you 30 days to put down the deposit so you can wait a little bit at least. The $250 is on par with most MD schools. Most DO schools want a deposit of a $1000 within 30 days acceptance and another $1000 before matriculation. Both count towards your tuition, but are non-refundable if you don't go. I hope that helps... :)

thanks for the info!
:p
that is what I was afraid of. I didn't want to look like a idiot asking though!! $250 is a pretty small amt to spend, but it sucks that I can't even hear from other schools until months later....
don't get me wrong... rolling admissions is a blessing! But not when other schools you're looking at aren't following the same admissions policy!
:mad:
grrrrr