AZCOM and LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sandhar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello people,
i am getting a little worried. My secondary has been complete for about 6 weeks now at LECOM and AZCOM. I contacted both schools. AZCOM said that my application is complete and should be reviewd soon. They have said that twice now. I thought they review application as they come.
LECOM people keep telling me to be patient as its a long process.
Is that just another way of saying, No thanks we dont wanna give u an interview?
Any input will be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't worry too much yet; I submitted all of my applications in early September (about 10 weeks ago) and still haven't heard from a few schools, including LECOM. However, things will start rolling in eventually. It seems like every school is on a different pace. I have been offered some interviews and been accepted already, and at other schools I haven't even heard about an interview yet. Hang in there!

I just interviewed at AZCOM this week and they said that this would be their last round of interviews until february. i dont know if this helps any.

Members don't see this ad :)
February?!?!!

I guess that means I'm not getting an interview there...my application has been complete for two weeks and I haven't heard anything yet. :(

I can't imagine why they'd stop interviewing for 3 whole months and then pick it up again in February, especially while other schools continue to interview.

They couldn't have filled their whole class by now, could they have? All the other schools are still pretty much wide open, as far as I've heard.

This really makes no sense to me, and yet really disappoints me at the same time. AZCOM was one of my top choices. :(

I'm an MS-1 at AZCOM and I can assure you that the class for next year is not filled. I was an August mcat taker, so my file was complete a little later than the April test takers. I interviewed in late March of last year. At that time, my interview group was told that 120 of 130 proposed seats were already filled. But I don't think that it was a hard and fast rule, because a bunch of people from my interview group got in, and some of my classmates interviewed at later dates than I did. In the past I think that the school has admitted quite a few more than the proposed class size because some of those admitted will later decide to go to other schools. In the case of my class, just about everyone sent in their deposits and stayed. I guess that I would sum up by saying that you shouldn't sweat a later interview date. They aren't going to waste your time and money by inviting you if there are no places left in the class. I don't know whether interviews have been suspended until February or not, but will try to find out. It would be logical to suspend them until after the Christmas holidays are over. We start classes for the second quarter on Monday, so I will repost if I hear anything more definitive. Hang in there, it will all work out!

Thanks Muonwhiz!

I feel a little better now. :)
It did seem a bit too early to have already filled the class.

Good luck with your next semester!

Still hoping,
solie