AZCOM Discussion Thread 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i'm looking for a roommate - have a new house on 51st ave and the 101, less than a mile from campus. if anyone is interested, PM me and i'll give you all the info!

Members don't see this ad.

When did you last call? I was thinking of calling this week to check on my app for next year and ask about the wait list.

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you last call? I was thinking of calling this week to check on my app for next year and ask about the wait list.

I called on Monday of last week. Each time I call they tell me about people giving up their spots, so it may have gone down more.

I have 2 rooms available in a house about a mile from campus. I'm going to be a first year in the fall. Feel free to reply or PM me if you're interested in both or one of the rooms!

I am getting my name changed and the only available court hearings are on Mondays at 2:30 pm in OCTOBER. Could I schedule it and then inform whichever instructor for that day, maybe do the work ahead of time? The dates I'm looking at have early morning exams, so I'd be able to do my exam and then go to court after.

Also, it says lab is also on that day, can you ever make up a lab?

:prof:
thank you for any reply

I am getting my name changed and the only available court hearings are on Mondays at 2:30 pm in OCTOBER. Could I schedule it and then inform whichever instructor for that day, maybe do the work ahead of time? The dates I'm looking at have early morning exams, so I'd be able to do my exam and then go to court after.

Also, it says lab is also on that day, can you ever make up a lab?

:prof:
thank you for any reply

You're in luck, med school is 99.99999995% studying with minimal "fluff" like homework or projects. You'll miss lecture, but there's a good likelihood that by October you'll be choosing to miss lecture anyway (myself and a good chunk of classmates were by that point). As for lab, there's a 2:1 chance you WON'T have lab that day, if you do, just contact the head anatomy prof in advance and he'll tell you what you need to do.

You're in luck, med school is 99.99999995% studying with minimal "fluff" like homework or projects. You'll miss lecture, but there's a good likelihood that by October you'll be choosing to miss lecture anyway (myself and a good chunk of classmates were by that point). As for lab, there's a 2:1 chance you WON'T have lab that day, if you do, just contact the head anatomy prof in advance and he'll tell you what you need to do.

thanks, random. that really puts me at ease. I went ahead and scheduled the hearing :)

I have been looking at older threads and this one, but I have not been able to find anything specific about everyday dress code.

I know for certain tests we have to dress a certain way, but what is acceptable normally? I know it is going to be really hot, but I am assuming we have to wear long pants for anatomy lab. Are jeans ever acceptable? In places like lecture are shorts, capris, skirts or open toed shoes acceptable?

I am really trying to save money and I am hoping on not having to buy anything I do not need.

I know the first day you are supposed to look nice because of pictures, but I am just concerned about passing out in the heat never mind looking great.

Any info is appreciated and sorry that this is about such a superficial issue.

I have been looking at older threads and this one, but I have not been able to find anything specific about everyday dress code.

I know for certain tests we have to dress a certain way, but what is acceptable normally? I know it is going to be really hot, but I am assuming we have to wear long pants for anatomy lab. Are jeans ever acceptable? In places like lecture are shorts, capris, skirts or open toed shoes acceptable?

I am really trying to save money and I am hoping on not having to buy anything I do not need.

I know the first day you are supposed to look nice because of pictures, but I am just concerned about passing out in the heat never mind looking great.

Any info is appreciated and sorry that this is about such a superficial issue.

AZCOM has no dress-code like schools such as LECOM have. So long as whatever you're wearing to lecture isn't a distraction (i.e. you don't show up in a thong and pasties) you're good. OMM lab you'll have to wear scrubs or workout clothes (though they loosely enforce this). Anatomy lab you'll have to wear pants and closed-toe shoes and those are the only requirements for that class. The only time you'll be required to dress-up is in spring quarter when you have a standardized patient encounter in your clinical medicine course.

So for the most part, you get to wear whatever in the world you're comfortable in on most days.

Thanks randomusername. I appreciate the information. Now just more packing and anxious waiting for orientation.

AZCOM has no dress-code like schools such as LECOM have. So long as whatever you're wearing to lecture isn't a distraction (i.e. you don't show up in a thong and pasties) you're good. OMM lab you'll have to wear scrubs or workout clothes (though they loosely enforce this). Anatomy lab you'll have to wear pants and closed-toe shoes and those are the only requirements for that class. The only time you'll be required to dress-up is in spring quarter when you have a standardized patient encounter in your clinical medicine course.

So for the most part, you get to wear whatever in the world you're comfortable in on most days.

Are there any schools where this is acceptable attire? I just want to know if I need to add schools.

Does anyone know when classes are starting?

I am on the alternate list still. I was told the latest they will call is when classes start. Hoping some people don't show up.

Does anyone know when classes are starting?

I am on the alternate list still. I was told the latest they will call is when classes start. Hoping some people don't show up.

Orientation starts Aug 2. Classes start Aug 8