Lady Tokimi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 5, 2005
Status
There is this part in the housing application where the school will choose a roommate for you.....but then where you check what kind of room you want, for exp....a 2 bedroom lux....does anyone know if they are 100% in findin you a roommate?? and if they dont, do you have to pay for the room yourself until you get a roommate?? Does anyone know anythin about how this works?

SarahJC

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2005
Status
I was skeptical of that too! I decided on the studio instead and then put the various 1 bedroom options as my backup. I'm still going to fly out there somewhat soon and look at the other options available for housing in glendale. I heard that the apartments across the street from the campus are beautiful and are worth the little extra cost. The students that I talked to that lived on campus said that its nice to have everyone so close but that the internet is horrible and the walls are paper thin. To quote my tour guide "you can hear your fellow students making babies all night" haha

strawberryfield

10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
According to one student I spoke with, some of the complexes in the area offer student discounts... if you live down south a little ways off of 59th Ave(maybe 5 miles or so), the prices become a lot cheaper. The area's not bad, but it's not as nice as the apartments across the street from the school.

My mom was looking in the paper and she said there are some 2bd/2ba condos in the Arrowhead lakes area (which is a few miles NE of campus) with utilities included for $900/month!
:eek:

If I decide to go there (It may be a few months before I know for sure) I will definitely need a roomie!!!

;)

aflo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 22, 2005
Arizona
Status
Hey, if anyone would prefer, I live in a house in Peoria and am looking for roommates to split the cost. It is about 10 minutes from the school depending on traffic. Just thought I would throw that out as an option. Just send me a PM if your interested.

OP
Lady Tokimi

Lady Tokimi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 5, 2005
Status
Alright, for whoever is interested. I just got off the phone with student services. They told me that the housing application filin will start in march, so you can either send in your application now (without deposit) or wait till march, either way, it will be filed away and you will not hear from them until march-april of next year.

If you indicated that you want a roommate assigned to you, you will definitely get one because the rooms go pretty fast, especially the luxury 2bdr room. Your roommate is likely to be a student that is in the same program as you. You will receive a letter from student services (around june-july) regardin who your roommate is, you will get their phone number, their name and their email address so you can contact them.

If you're wonderin what the upgrades are for the rooms, they include the dishwasher, upgraded floors, kitchen and bathroom. I forgot to ask if there were 2 bathrooms or not, but i'm thinkin there is only one......anyone have anythin on this?

The standard one bedroom with den is the same thing as a standard 2bdr.