AZCOM Interview!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ScootDoc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was extended an interview with AZCOM 8/15. They have you schedule your interview online. The first interview date is Sept 22. See you guys there!!!

PS. I'm at COMP on 8/24 too. It's that time of year!!! Yeehaw!!!

Members don't see this ad.

ScootDoc said:
I was extended an interview with AZCOM 8/15. They have you schedule your interview online. The first interview date is Sept 22. See you guys there!!!

PS. I'm at COMP on 8/24 too. It's that time of year!!! Yeehaw!!!
congrats!:clap: :clap:

congrats!!!!
AZCOM is not my first choice but for some reason i'm attracted to that school. Maybe it's the desert air or something. but congrats and let us know how it goes. btw did you get the interview before sending in your LOR's or was everything complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
whatdapho said:
congrats!!!!
AZCOM is not my first choice but for some reason i'm attracted to that school. Maybe it's the desert air or something. but congrats and let us know how it goes. btw did you get the interview before sending in your LOR's or was everything complete?[/QUOTE

My app is complete. The funny thing is that I called this morning to verify completion. They said I was. An hour later I checked my email and there was the invite. AZCOM isn't my first choice, but it is really close to home (UTAH). However, they do seem to have a good curriculum and students can round at Good Samaritan Hospital in Phoenix. Big, awesome hospital!!!

Has anyone else received the same invite???

ScootDoc said:
whatdapho said:
congrats!!!!
AZCOM is not my first choice but for some reason i'm attracted to that school. Maybe it's the desert air or something. but congrats and let us know how it goes. btw did you get the interview before sending in your LOR's or was everything complete?[/QUOTE

My app is complete. The funny thing is that I called this morning to verify completion. They said I was. An hour later I checked my email and there was the invite. AZCOM isn't my first choice, but it is really close to home (UTAH). However, they do seem to have a good curriculum and students can round at Good Samaritan Hospital in Phoenix. Big, awesome hospital!!!

Has anyone else received the same invite???

Yep, but I will have to e-mail my professors before I pick a date. I'm going to be missing too many days of classes due to interviews.

miasapearl said:
ScootDoc said:
Yep, but I will have to e-mail my professors before I pick a date. I'm going to be missing too many days of classes due to interviews.

miasapearl, we interview on the sameday at COMP too. 8/24! see ya there!!!

Congrats.

Early interview is a good sign.

Those of u who got AZCOM interviews, did they ever update ur INTERACT NOW status??? to reflect complete....

mine is complete b/c they told me over the phone today after I had to resend my supplemental after they "lost it". But they dont seem to update it both for CCOM and AZCOM

They told me I was complete as well, last week. Yet my interactnow still doesn't reflect it!

I got one too!!!!!!!!!! I haven't yet scheduled my date though. I went to the link they provided but there was no link I could click on to schedule anything. Just links to info about the school and the surrounding area. And a message saying "no interviews have been scheduled, please contact the admissions department"....anyone know about this? I'm really excited....I wasn't even expecting ONE interview. Well this may be my only one.

pappy846 said:
I got one too!!!!!!!!!! I haven't yet scheduled my date though. I went to the link they provided but there was no link I could click on to schedule anything. Just links to info about the school and the surrounding area. And a message saying "no interviews have been scheduled, please contact the admissions department"....anyone know about this? I'm really excited....I wasn't even expecting ONE interview. Well this may be my only one.

The same thing happened to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
medmom said:
They told me I was complete as well, last week. Yet my interactnow still doesn't reflect it!

mine either and i called last week and was told that i was complete

Futuredoctr said:
Yeah I called them today all really excited, AZCOM is my #1, anyway, they said that you have to wait 24 from being offered an interview before the system will allow you to schedule one. Hope that helps!! :)

mmmm ok...thanks. I am excited!!! But nervous as hell....anyone else feeling the same? This is my first interview. I wasn't expecting any interviews.

pappy846 ...dont loose hope....why didnt u think u wouldnt get an interview...?

i am waiting for them too...i have only a 23 and 3.5 overall/3.2 sci/3.9 nonsci so they just got my stuff yesterday..will see

Do the people that GOT interviews mind divulging their stats?

You can see my stats on my MDApps below.

Basically 26N and 3.66 overall

Last edited:
pappy846 said:

I called to see what is up with the wbsite and Bea just signed me up for a spot on the spot. I interview on 9/22. See you all there.

medmom said:
Do the people that GOT interviews mind divulging their stats?

Basically my stats are:
non-science GPA 3.4
science GPA 3.3
overall GPA 3.35
MCAT 27Q
volunteer hours 100+
medically related shadowing hours 58

meh...stats...

Overall--3.2 (great trend...2.4 freshman to 3.8 senior)
Science-- 3.19

MCAT V-8 PS-9 W-P BS-10 27P

Extras...general.
2 DO and 1 allopath shadow (good letters...I hope)
emergency med research @ OHSU
Hospice care
Dialysis tech
Medical expedition to Peru
ER volunteer
NCAA golfer
photographer
musician
pre-med club
TA--physics/bio
Tutor--OCHEM, Bio
------

All-in-all...weak GPA, mediocre MCAT and extracurriculars...hey...I wasn't even expecting an interview...so HEY! It's a start.