AZCOM Students please give opinions!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

PV1

Hello,

Just wondering what you think about the school. Any advantages/disadvantages? How was the interview? I'm comparing it to Touro if that makes a difference. Just trying to get an idea of both schools. Thanks for any info and opinions!

Members don't see this ad.

Heard AZCOM's pretty good. But then I've heard good things about Touro as well. Right now I'm anxious to interview at both schools. Good luck.

AZCOM is awesome!!! I interviewed at several schools and by far AZCOM was the cream of the crop. The campus is beautiful, the new student apartments are very luxuirous and convenient. Our faculty are absoultely great. Our open door policy REALLY IS OPEN DOOR!!! The course work is challenging, but doable. Rotation sites are plentiful and conviently located throughout the metroplex. Our board results have been some of the best in the nation. Last year 100% pass rate, this year 99%. Our residency match results were extremely impressive for both AOA and ACGME.

If I sound enthusiastic it is because I am. Making the decision to come to AZCOM for my medical education was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life, no regrets whatsoever.

[This message has been edited by hikingthrulife (edited 09-20-2000).]

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha thanks for your thoughts Hikingthrulife,

I am looking forward to interview there in a couple weeks! Any recommendations? I plan to be "myself." The interview is panel format right? And how many other interviewees were in your group? Thanks again for the encouraging remarks and I hope to attend in 2001!

The panal interview consisted of two faculty members and one third or fourth year student. You have their undivided attention in a very comfortable conference room. Their goal is to get to know you and they do their best to make you feel at ease. The questions are very straight forward. It is a semi-blind interview. The interview team will have your personal statement only, so their won't be any questions at all about GPA or MCAT scores (so relax). Do be prepared to discuss your interests and desires for your future in medicine and be genuine!

If you haven't seen this site www.interviewfeedback.com check it out for general advice, but don't assume that what happens at other schools, with other students will be the same here. AZCOM is a unique university for many reasons. Check out their website there is a link on this forum to Osteopathic schools. The students also have a website with some really great advice on resturants, entertainment, study advice, book lists, rotation advice, board results, residency programs etc. it is www.azcomstudents.com Happy reading!!!

By the way when you come interview see if you can stay with a student for the night. They can give you the "unoffical" tour and offer some words of wisdom. If AZCOM is your cup of tea you will be welcome by all. Good luck!!!

[This message has been edited by hikingthrulife (edited 09-20-2000).]

Originally posted by hikingthrulife:
The panal interview consisted of two faculty members and one third or fourth year student. You have their undivided attention in a very comfortable conference room. Their goal is to get to know you and they do their best to make you feel at ease. The questions are very straight forward. It is a semi-blind interview. The interview team will have your personal statement only, so their won't be any questions at all about GPA or MCAT scores (so relax). Do be prepared to discuss your interests and desires for your future in medicine and be genuine!

If you haven't seen this site www.interviewfeedback.com check it out for general advice, but don't assume that what happens at other schools, with other students will be the same here. AZCOM is a unique university for many reasons. Check out their website there is a link on this forum to Osteopathic schools. The students also have a website with some really great advice on resturants, entertainment, study advice, book lists, rotation advice, board results, residency programs etc. it is www.azcomstudents.com Happy reading!!!

By the way when you come interview see if you can stay with a student for the night. They can give you the "unoffical" tour and offer some words of wisdom. If AZCOM is your cup of tea you will be welcome by all. Good luck!!!

Hikingthrulife,

Thank you so much for all the help. Yeah I already checked out interviewfeedback the day I got the invite (two days ago I think!). I'm sure the student website will offer more help. Thanks again and hope to be there soon!