• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

mtthwscott1

mtthwscott1
10+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Am I interviewing for a waitlist spot if I int. on March 7 at AZCOM? Or do they stil have some spots available?

iwilldlvr

not listening
10+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2006
in the hot, humid, sweltering demise
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Podiatry
I have the same concern. My interview is March 9. I don't really want to spend $500+ for either a waitlist or rejection spot. Have you called them to see if they will tell you how many spots are still available?

Petek

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
interviewed around the 6th of Feb and just found out that I was wailisted today. I felt the interview went well and I walked out thinking I had gotten in. They did not say how many spots were left.

About the Ads

Doc2007

10+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
The best advice I can give you is to go to the interview. There are students who have multiple acceptences and someone will drop out. Don't loose the hope.

DocBR

MS-3
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2007
Arizona
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
interviewed around the 6th of Feb and just found out that I was wailisted today. I felt the interview went well and I walked out thinking I had gotten in. They did not say how many spots were left.

How do you know you were waitlisted?

Call, or MWU interactive?

Petek

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
had to call 3 times till i got someone to be honest with me. just call at different times throughout the day.

digital01

10+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Canceling my interview there on the 7th. If its not for a waitlist spot i'm sure there is very limited space.

mtthwscott1

mtthwscott1
10+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
does anyone know how long it takes to get a decision from AZCOM after your interview???

VCgirl

10+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I interviewed Dec 7 and was accepted Dec 18. When you interview they will probably tell you when you should see your acceptance online. That's what they did for our group. Good luck!!

avpatelatc

10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I interviewed on December 6 and also found out on the 18. I didn't see any changes to interact now immediately, but did receive a phone call from the MS sitting on the interview panel.

DocBR

MS-3
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2007
Arizona
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
From the post on the 2/8 interview thread, it looks like about 2 1/2 weeks. Someone posted yesterday that they were given a decision from that interview date.

I had to call to find out that I was accepted after interviewing on 2/8.

The woman I spoke to said that the dean needs to sign all the paperwork for those who were accepted and they will be mailing out packets near the end of this week.

I was really nervous calling, but am very glad I did!

Good luck everyone

whatdapho

MS-I
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
www.myspace.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Good luck to everyone who is waiting for an invite or an acceptance. I think it's final and i'll be attending AZCOM this fall. Hope to you all of you then.

About the Ads

MrMDO

Sophist
10+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I am going to my interview on March 9th. Any chance is still a chance and I would love to live in the warm weather for a change.

Anyone else going to be here on that Friday?

KeyLime

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2000
Status (Visible)
Good luck to everyone who is waiting for an invite or an acceptance. I think it's final and i'll be attending AZCOM this fall. Hope to you all of you then.

I thought you were still hoping for DMU. What changed your mind?

theonlyrealj

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2005
Mesa, Arizona
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I am an accepted student at AZCOM and received e-mail from them yesterday about financial aid stuff. Incidentally, in addition to my own e-mail address the e-mail contained the e-mail addresses of every other AZCOM student it was sent to.

Being the pathetically particular person I am, I pasted that list to MSWord and used the word count feature to find out that the e-mail was sent to 144 recipients (don't worry I didn't hand count it). On aacom.org it states that AZCOM's class size is 145. So apparently there is only 1 spot available as of the e-mail yesterday (Feb 21).

But don't lose hope; March 1st is the final payment deadline for a lot of accepted students. I'm sure they will tap into their waitlist next week! :luck: Good Luck all!

whatdapho

MS-I
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
www.myspace.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I thought you were still hoping for DMU. What changed your mind?

I was because my gf got into DMU's podiatry program. I loved DMU and it's program,facilities, and Des Moines itselft. However, my gf also got into AZPOD (podiatry) this week. Since her family is in Vegas and mine are in San Jose, we're going to both commit to Arizona. Even though DMU knocked me off my feet, I think the program at AZCOM is great too. So once my gf's acceptance is official, I will be withdrawing entirely from DMU. Good luck to you and everyone else.

DocBR

MS-3
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2007
Arizona
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
For those that were accepted; how does the matriculation deposit work?

On my matriculation check sheet, it has a link that requires you to login to pay the deposit, but they have not given me a log in. Does that come in the mail?

Doc2007

10+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
For those that were accepted; how does the matriculation deposit work?

On my matriculation check sheet, it has a link that requires you to login to pay the deposit, but they have not given me a log in. Does that come in the mail?

You can wait until you get it in the mail or you can call them and get your ID and password. You can pay your deposit with credit card or Echeck.

Testy McAterson

Bermuda Triangulated.
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2006
your mom's house
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
i wouldn't give up hope yet for those of you interviewing in the next couple weeks. some schools without rolling admission are just starting to inform accepted students--and most schools will start sifting through their waitlists in the late spring. at this point at any school with a not-too-steep deposit, i wouldn't be surprised if some premeds out there are still still just taking up space (multiple acceptances...jerks, but they technically "paid" for it). as of today, azcom's only required one deposit payment and it was pocket change compared to some schools ($250). as the deposits continue ($750 due 3/1--note to self: pay it), you know a handful of seats will open up as higher bills force the lazy, greedy, and undecided to make up their mind.

if you are interested in azcom (or any other school for that)
read through old interview questions (ethical questions, et al), be familiar with the school so you can show them that you've put thought into it and that you would be a good fit, ask thoughtful questions at your interview, and ESPECIALLY for the still-interested-waitlist: send a letter thanking them for their continued consideration and/or a letter of intent, send updated volunteer hours/grades/good stuff, send another LOR... :luck:

exigente chica

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 29, 2002
Status (Visible)
On aacom.org it states that AZCOM's class size is 145. So apparently there is only 1 spot available as of the e-mail yesterday (Feb 21).

But don't lose hope; March 1st is the final payment deadline for a lot of accepted students. I'm sure they will tap into their waitlist next week! :luck: Good Luck all!

:scared: :scared: :scared:

manannaik

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2004
Status (Visible)
I am interviewing there on march the 7th, and this thread has me worried now...Can you ask the interviewer about the waitlist...

If any sdn'ers are interviewing on the 7th, pm me, it would be cool to atleast know someone there

DocBR

MS-3
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2007
Arizona
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I am interviewing there on march the 7th, and this thread has me worried now...Can you ask the interviewer about the waitlist...

If any sdn'ers are interviewing on the 7th, pm me, it would be cool to atleast know someone there

I do not know how much difference this will make, but my original interview date was also March 7th. In early Feb. I sent an email to the admissions director explaining why I thought I should be able to take an open interview spot (one that someone else had withdrawn from). The next day she called me back and gave me an interview that was 6 days away (Feb 8th).

If anyone has the ability to get down here earlier, it might be worth a shot to try for a earlier date.

MrMDO

Sophist
10+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical

I would not get too worried. Even if they sent out 144 emails to people accepted you can assume that at least 25 of those people are probably not actually matriculating to AZCOM. With that in mind people still interviewing definitely have a chance for those spots.

gallagher22

10+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I was at AZCOM yesterday for an interview. The admissions director was a little ambiguous about the number of seats available -- saying there are "enough." Before the interview, I asked if I would be interviewing for a waitlist spot, and the woman told me no. Also, yesterday, the admissions director said that some of the interviewees from that day could be waitlisted (sounded like "would be").

I am sure you can ask the staff there about the number of seats available, but it is a shifting landscape -- many people will withdraw due to other acceptances. I think it is important to go to the interview if you are interested in the school.

Steiner

10+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2004
Washington
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I withdrew from AZCOM. Had in interview for the 7th, but cancelled b/c I already have acceptances elsewhere. Good Luck

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.