-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Azcopt
Started by caliopt23
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I'm a reapplicant if you may, and I wasn't planning on applying this cycle at all, trust me my situation is too complicated for my own good. Anyway, I have everything on file (on OPTOMCAS) except for academic LOR. I'm just hoping to find out if people have been granted interviews with missing letters.
OptomCAS wouldn't send out my application unless I had all 3 letters of recommendation.
OptomCAS wouldn't send out my application unless I had all 3 letters of recommendation.
Really? I spoke to them yesterday about this and the lady said they verify and mail apps regardless of LOR submition. Hope that's not the case. Plus AZCOPT only requires two letters. Maybe something else was holding back your application?
By missing, do you mean you did not designate someone for your academic LoR? Or that your LoR writer still hasn't submitted it?
If it's the former, I have never heard of anyone getting interview invites or acceptances without all the requisite letters, so I have no idea.
If it's the latter, then yes, OptomCAS will process and mail out your application without the last LoR. They will send it to the schools at a later date as soon as they get it. And yes, schools will invite you for interviews even before they get all the letters.
I know some people who are still finishing up their application right now. I don't doubt there are people who will not submit them until May. Whether they are competitive or not is another story...🙄
If it's the former, I have never heard of anyone getting interview invites or acceptances without all the requisite letters, so I have no idea.
If it's the latter, then yes, OptomCAS will process and mail out your application without the last LoR. They will send it to the schools at a later date as soon as they get it. And yes, schools will invite you for interviews even before they get all the letters.
I know some people who are still finishing up their application right now. I don't doubt there are people who will not submit them until May. Whether they are competitive or not is another story...🙄
not sure about azcopt, but i was granted an interview at PCO without a second letter from a prof and they went about the process assuming i would get it in before classes start if i was accepted. but i would call them directly and ask...
My mistake. They held back my application because they didn't receive all of my transcripts.Really? I spoke to them yesterday about this and the lady said they verify and mail apps regardless of LOR submition. Hope that's not the case. Plus AZCOPT only requires two letters. Maybe something else was holding back your application?
Good luck!
For those who applied to Midwestern, how long did it take,after submitting your OptomCAS application, to get the secondary application? OptomCAS has mailed my complete application including LOR's on 3/11, and I'm just curious to know how long it could take.
Thanks
Thanks
Hi,
So, it took 14 days after I submitted my Optomcas applications to get a supplemental application request from MWU. Then, once that was submitted it took 2 days for them to request an interview. After the interview, it then took them one day to accept me! So once the ball gets rolling it goes fast; at least for me it did.
So, it took 14 days after I submitted my Optomcas applications to get a supplemental application request from MWU. Then, once that was submitted it took 2 days for them to request an interview. After the interview, it then took them one day to accept me! So once the ball gets rolling it goes fast; at least for me it did.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I never finished filling out my supplemental and they offered me an interview today. Strange, right? I assume I have to finish the supplemental now...
The same thing happened to me! Maybe not enough people are applying there. Good thing I already got accepted to my number 1 (ICO) and don't have to waste my money on another interview.
eh, AZCOPT is not my first choice but if it's my ONLY choice, I would probably go there rather than waste another year.
Geez there buddy, love the enthusiasm.