AZPOD Complaint

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AZPOD Rocks

Class of 2010
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I am a bit perturbed at some recent news I received. I thought I would use this forum to vent a bit.

The University of Arizona is located in Tucson. They are the only MD program in the state. Recently, however, they decided to open up shop in downtown Phoenix. So, guess what? They needed some excellent faculty members to start the school and they came knocking at Midwestern's door because we have the best DO program in the country (basic sciences, at least). A few of my favorite faculty members were persuaded to leave us. :(

Fortunately, we still have lots of great faculty but they took my favorite teacher... Dr. Paul Standley. He was one of our physiology professors.

Anyway, there's for venting!

AZPOD still Rocks :)

Members don't see this ad.

AZPOD Rocks said:
Hi Everyone!

I am a bit perturbed at some recent news I received. I thought I would use this forum to vent a bit.

The University of Arizona is located in Tucson. They are the only MD program in the state. Recently, however, they decided to open up shop in downtown Phoenix. So, guess what? They needed some excellent faculty members to start the school and they came knocking at Midwestern's door because we have the best DO program in the country (basic sciences, at least). A few of my favorite faculty members were persuaded to leave us. :(

Fortunately, we still have lots of great faculty but they took my favorite teacher... Dr. Paul Standley. He was one of our physiology professors.

Anyway, there's for venting!

AZPOD still Rocks :)

Well now you know what it is like. Maybe the CPMS students would feel bad but AZPOD robbed our school of some great faculty also. :D

Dr_Feelgood said:
Well now you know what it is like. Maybe the CPMS students would feel bad but AZPOD robbed our school of some great faculty also. :D
That's true to some extent. They've only taken from out basic science professors so far, though.