Azusa Pacific - general comments?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fatedcircle

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone here have anything to say about Azusa Pacific? Their DPT program seems low-profile around here and the Internet overall, so I wanted to hear ppl's opinions on the program from past students and anyone exposed to them.

I have a tour + interview with them next week (my first interview for PT programs) and I'm getting a little nervous but excited...
 
I'm not sure about graduate programs, but I know that undergrad students have to sign a statement of faith and go to chapel services 3 times a week.

May be something to consider for those of you interested.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm gonna end up attending there even though I haven't heard back from other schools yet. On the Info/Interview day, the faculty was very down-to-earth and made it an effort to get everyone comfortable. The campus is also pretty attractive. I chose the school overall because it had a very positive atmosphere and the faculty appeared knowledgeable and more importantly, personable. Their program starts almost half a year earlier than the other programs I applied to during this cycle, so I thought I'd try and graduate a little earlier than expected.

And so far since accepting, they have been pretty supportive and helpful by putting me in contact with students in my class who have already accepted and also students in the class ahead of us. Not sure if every school does this, but it was nice to know they promote rapport between students of the program.

All in all, I'm pretty excited to start PT school at APU in Feb '10!
 
I'm in the Process of applying to APU for Feb '11. Since its a Christian college, was wondering if being active in a church is necessary. and was also curious what other people's GPA, GRE, etc was. I'm pulled a 3.79 for my BS and like 1100s for GRE.