Azusa Pacific University DPT beginning Spring 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

solves123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting a thread for those accepted into APU DPT beginning Spring 2017! Can't wait to meet everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Starting a thread for those accepted into APU DPT beginning Spring 2017! Can't wait to meet everyone!

Hi congrats on your acceptance! I'll be applying real soon for 2017 cohort. I think my grades are OK but I'm afraid I'll barely make 10o hours at inpatient clinic. Would you mind sharing your stats? Thanks!

I was recently interviewed this month (Feb. 3) and they said they would get back to me within the month. So hopefully I will know if I am accepted by next Monday! How long did it take for them to get back to you after your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was recently interviewed this month (Feb. 3) and they said they would get back to me within the month. So hopefully I will know if I am accepted by next Monday! How long did it take for them to get back to you after your interview?

Hi. It took about a week and a half before they got back to me.

I will also be joining the APU class of 2020! Congrats to those who were accepted!

Reactions: 1 users
So when exactly do they stop accepting applications from PTCAS?

So when exactly do they stop accepting applications from PTCAS?

PT applicants to APU’s 2017 entering class can apply either between:
Nov 2, 2015 and May 15, 2016, or
Jul 1, 2016 and Oct 1, 2016.

Reactions: 1 user
What were your interview questions?

For those of you who sent GRE scores already, I know APU wants scores sent to both university and the department. Does this mean I don't have to send scores to PTCAS? I'm applying only to APU for this cycle. Thanks

For those of you who sent GRE scores already, I know APU wants scores sent to both university and the department. Does this mean I don't have to send scores to PTCAS? I'm applying only to APU for this cycle. Thanks

Correct, there is no PTCAS GRE code so you will be sending the scores directly to the university's PT program. However, you will still need to indicate your GRE scores on the "Tests" section of PTCAS. Is there any particular reason you will only be applying to APU?

Correct, there is no PTCAS GRE code so you will be sending the scores directly to the university's PT program. However, you will still need to indicate your GRE scores on the "Tests" section of PTCAS. Is there any particular reason you will only be applying to APU?

Thanks, it's nice to double check.

Just for this application cycle I'm applying to Azusa. Next one that opens in June I'll be applying everywhere

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear back from the April 8th interviews yet?

Has anyone been invited to another round of interviews? They have a preview tomorrow and from my understanding they typically conduct interviews after.

Got interview invite but it's not til end of September. Anyone else? Seems so late... Hope there's still spots left by then. Still super excited and relieved!!

How long did it take after submitting applications to get responses from APU for interviews?

Hey so who else has actually accepted their acceptance?

Hey so who else has actually accepted their acceptance?
There are at least several of us who have accepted already.

We have created a Facebook group for our cohort. Reply if you have been admitted to the program so we can add you :)

So I applied to APU during this app cycle (July - October time frame). When can I expect to find out about acceptances for Feb 2017 start time?

Also, do they automatically refer you to later start dates if you don't get accepted immediately?

So I applied to APU during this app cycle (July - October time frame). When can I expect to find out about acceptances for Feb 2017 start time?

Also, do they automatically refer you to later start dates if you don't get accepted immediately?

Well APU has rolling admissions so you can possibly be offered an interview anytime now. I assume it would be after the application deadline though.

No, not necessarily. If a student becomes an alternate for the current cycle, they may be offered a seat in the next cohort. The school decides which students are extended this offer.

Well APU has rolling admissions so you can possibly be offered an interview anytime now. I assume it would be after the application deadline though.

No, not necessarily. If a student becomes an alternate for the current cycle, they may be offered a seat in the next cohort. The school decides which students are extended this offer.

I see... Thanks. How much time are applicants given to respond to school acceptances? I'm afraid APU's earlier start time would mean that I'd have to reject their acceptance just to see if I can have a shot at other schools.

We have created a Facebook group for our cohort. Reply if you have been admitted to the program so we can add you :)
I've been recently accepted to the 2017 cohort as well :) Looking forward to meeting everyone. Are people in this FB group also looking for housing?

I recently accepted my dpt application to APU and was wondering if there was a Facebook group or something to start getting to know people!

Congrats to all of us! I would also like to join the group please!

I have an interview coming up for Spring 2017 cohort. Looking forward to it!

Anybody have any tips for me for the interview? What type of questions would they be asking?

Last edited:

Anybody have any tips for me for the interview? What type of questions would they be asking?

when asked "why do you want to be a PT?" Don't answer "I want/love helping others." Everyone says that.

My interview was not solo.. Myself and another were interviewed simultaneously. Initially felt like we were trying to one up eachother. But I quickly realized that wasn't the case.

The interview was pretty laid back.. The professors were down to earth. You should read up on the staff and get to know their backgrounds.

Questions included things like
1) why physical therapy instead of other medical field occupations
2) how would you handle PT school workload, considering its significantly more difficult than undergrad.
3) what are your housing plans and/or transportation. (My guess is they want to see how responsible you are and if you given thought to actually attending APU)
4) Questions regarding your faith. (APU is a Christian Uni)

My interview was not solo.. Myself and another were interviewed simultaneously. Initially felt like we were trying to one up eachother. But I quickly realized that wasn't the case.

The interview was pretty laid back.. The professors were down to earth. You should read up on the staff and get to know their backgrounds.

Questions included things like
1) why physical therapy instead of other medical field occupations
2) how would you handle PT school workload, considering its significantly more difficult than undergrad.
3) what are your housing plans and/or transportation. (My guess is they want to see how responsible you are and if you given thought to actually attending APU)
4) Questions regarding your faith. (APU is a Christian Uni)

Thank you so much! I'll definitely prepare myself.

I have an interview tomorrow morning (9/23)! Hoping it goes well as APU is my #1 choice!

how did it go?

I felt really good about it. Very laid back conversation with Dr. Karim and Dr. Matsuda.

They gave the opportunity for you to give a statement to advocate for yourself as an applicant that they would give to their review board as they make the final decision.

They said final answers will be out in 3-4 weeks, but every person I have talked to that has been accepted or is a current alum said 2 weeks is typical.

Fingers crossed!

I WAS JUST ACCEPTED YESTERDAY!! WOOOHOOOO :)

I was admitted yesterday as well!

Hi I've been accepted to spring 2017 cohort interested in the fb group

So it sounds like people were accepted last Friday. Congrats to all who made it!

Anybody happen to know if there will be more acceptances in the coming weeks or if that's it?

So it sounds like people were accepted last Friday. Congrats to all who made it!

Anybody happen to know if there will be more acceptances in the coming weeks or if that's it?

It all depends on how many people accept the admissions offer. If there's not enough to fill the class, then more acceptances will be eventually given out.

Going by the Facebook group alone though, the class is just about half full.

After you submitted your PTCAS app, did anyone receive a confirmation email from APU? For instance, confirming that they have received your PTCAS application.

After you submitted your PTCAS app, did anyone receive a confirmation email from APU? For instance, confirming that they have received your PTCAS application.
Yes, about 10 days after it was verified on PTCAS I received an email from APU to create an online account with them.

Yes, about 10 days after it was verified on PTCAS I received an email from APU to create an online account with them.

Thank you for the response. Already spoke with APU and didn't receive the best news. Congratulations to all those in the 2017 cohort!

So, bit of an update. I just got accepted to the incoming class of 2017!

Absolutely did not expect this news at all but certainly ecstatic about it!

Can I get an invite to the Facebook group?
Looking forward to meeting you all!

APU offered a spot to me last week out of the blue for 1 Feb. I declined since I have other acceptances that I prefer over APU. Hope it makes room for others!