B&B vs Physeo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted600623

Current M1. I've been using B&B throughout my first semester whenever there is a video that correlates well with lecture material. But I've heard great things about Physeo and they're having a huge sale right now on their premium sub (no this is not a sales pitch). I'm wondering if anyone who has taken step or at least practice tests that has used Physeo can compare it to B&B. They do have their own anki cards with each video which seems nice but I'm so afraid of going away from Zanki because it's so proven. Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Current M1. I've been using B&B throughout my first semester whenever there is a video that correlates well with lecture material. But I've heard great things about Physeo and they're having a huge sale right now on their premium sub (no this is not a sales pitch). I'm wondering if anyone who has taken step or at least practice tests that has used Physeo can compare it to B&B. They do have their own anki cards with each video which seems nice but I'm so afraid of going away from Zanki because it's so proven. Thanks for the help!
Also current M1 doing Zanki religiously so take my opinion with a grain of salt. Anyway I first got word of physeo at the beginning of the year and have used it off and on ever since. First of all, their Anki cards are inferior and not as comprehensive compared to Zanki so that's definitely not a huge selling point. If you already have BNB but want more organization then consider switching over to LY as that deck is vastly better than what is offered for physeo. Secondly, their videos are actually quite good and do a decent job of explaining things in a more visual and drawn out way as opposed to just reciting FA and underlining random lines (looking at you Dr. Ryan). Just watch the cardiac embryology videos on BNB and Physeo and you'll see what I mean. However, I still find the content lacking and I seldomly use it anymore.

For physiology, I've found reading Costanzo as I do Zanki then watching the BNB video at the end to tie everything together works very well for my understanding before proceeding to my in-house lectures (which are also really good in their own right). I realized that I only have so much time in the day and unless I was truly stumped after reading Costanzo, doing Zanki watching BNB/class lectures only then would I go to physeo but even then that is is very rarely the case.

TLDR: Physeo Anki is garbage. BNB and Physeo are definitely not perfect substitutes. If anything, physeo probably fulfills the purpose of supplementing your studies with a more visual understanding when BNB falters.

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

@ExplodingUlcers Good to know! Do you find the questions for costanzo worth doing as well? I do like that you can download physeo's videos into an audio track for listening on the go but I don't know how often I would use that.

Members don't see this ad :)
The questions in BRS Constanzo are really good for testing your basic understanding but they may not prepare you as well for the more difficult in-house exams that require integration of the material. I'm planning to do questions from Guyton-Hall/West for more practice before my final! I've heard those ones are really good.

Imo their strength is all about the visuals in walking you through everything and if you passively listen to it in the car then it defeats the whole purpose and will probably be a waste of time.
@ExplodingUlcers Good to know! Do you find the questions for costanzo worth doing as well? I do like that you can download physeo's videos into an audio track for listening on the go but I don't know how often I would use that.

The questions in BRS Constanzo are really good for testing your basic understanding but they may not prepare you as well for the more difficult in-house exams that require integration of the material. I'm planning to do questions from Guyton-Hall/West for more practice before my final! I've heard those ones are really good.

Imo their strength is all about the visuals in walking you through everything and if you passively listen to it in the car then it defeats the whole purpose and will probably be a waste of time.

Good to know. Are the Guyton-Hall/West questions board style? I'm not in my systems blocks yet but I believe our in house exams are very much board style so I was just going to use Rx to prep for exams and use Costanzo questions to make sure I understand the material well.

Good to know. Are the Guyton-Hall/West questions board style? I'm not in my systems blocks yet but I believe our in house exams are very much board style so I was just going to use Rx to prep for exams and use Costanzo questions to make sure I understand the material well.
My impression of board style questions are 2nd or 3rd order and requiring knowledge from a wide variety of disciplines. The ones on Guyton-Hall/West test you exclusively on physiology but they are quite challenging. If you want board style questions then Rx and Kaplan are the way to go at this point.

They can't even spell physio right, I don't trust them.

Reactions: 1 users
I find the physeo videos to be quite fantastic honestly, mostly because the visual supplementation is superior to BnB. BnB is still great but I feel like it's mostly reciting off of FA

Reactions: 1 users