B+ in post bac

Started by JayMcDent
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JayMcDent

UCSC undergrad
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi
I have a sub 3.0gpa and i know this is bad, but i am redeeming it as of now. This is my second quarter into my postbac and I have been maintaining a 4.0 gpa. I just got my scores back for my final and received a 89% on my total grade which is a B+. how bad is a B+ in postbac? I feel this just ruined everything... any input or advice on what else to do. Thank you in advance.
 
it would be at 3.8. but would having anything less than an A be seen as a negative in post bac?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, anything less than an A is bad. But you'll be ok to get into med school with a 3.8 and a good MCAT.
 
Yes, anything less than an A is bad. But you'll be ok to get into med school with a 3.8 and a good MCAT.

Not necessarily. By that measure I shouldn't be in med school (Bs in Physics, B+ second semester orgo). It's relative to the starting GPA. I don't think anyone cared about my Bs. They didn't even care about the couple Cs, an F and a W on my transcript (in non-science classes). It's not black and white.
 
God I love it when people who have never been anywhere near a med school app cycle post confident advice about med school admissions with no basis in reality.

This forum is due for another bad behavior scandal, it's been about 2 years since the last one.

Public service announcement: look for consensus opinions from multiple reputable SDN posters. Never take any one poster too seriously.