B+ in post bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JayMcDent

UCSC undergrad
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I have a sub 3.0gpa and i know this is bad, but i am redeeming it as of now. This is my second quarter into my postbac and I have been maintaining a 4.0 gpa. I just got my scores back for my final and received a 89% on my total grade which is a B+. how bad is a B+ in postbac? I feel this just ruined everything... any input or advice on what else to do. Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you calculate what your new average would be? If it's over 3.7-8, in sure you're fine.

it would be at 3.8. but would having anything less than an A be seen as a negative in post bac?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, anything less than an A is bad. But you'll be ok to get into med school with a 3.8 and a good MCAT.

Yes, anything less than an A is bad. But you'll be ok to get into med school with a 3.8 and a good MCAT.

Not necessarily. By that measure I shouldn't be in med school (Bs in Physics, B+ second semester orgo). It's relative to the starting GPA. I don't think anyone cared about my Bs. They didn't even care about the couple Cs, an F and a W on my transcript (in non-science classes). It's not black and white.

God I love it when people who have never been anywhere near a med school app cycle post confident advice about med school admissions with no basis in reality.

This forum is due for another bad behavior scandal, it's been about 2 years since the last one.

Public service announcement: look for consensus opinions from multiple reputable SDN posters. Never take any one poster too seriously.

It's not difficult to tell someone who got a B+ instead of an A that they will be fine.

But if you want to tell OP differently, go ahead.

"Never take any one poster too seriously"

Exactly.