B+ Worth Pass/Fail?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bearp3

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it worth it to pass/fail intro chem lab if I'm going to get a B+ this semester? I figure if I choose pass/fail, DPT programs have no way of knowing if I got a D or a B, and I don't know how bad a B+ really is in the scope of things. I know some programs have stated pass/fail won't negatively impact your application, but some also would prefer students to take for credit if it was possible/had the option to (which is in my case). I'm especially iffy about this decision because it would impact my science GPA and it's a core pre-req for chem. Any thoughts/advice greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

B+ is fine. Especially because it’s a lab it only counts as 1 credit hour so it really won’t hurt you at all.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Keep the B+, I got into 3 schools with 2 B+s

Is it worth it to pass/fail intro chem lab if I'm going to get a B+ this semester? I figure if I choose pass/fail, DPT programs have no way of knowing if I got a D or a B, and I don't know how bad a B+ really is in the scope of things. I know some programs have stated pass/fail won't negatively impact your application, but some also would prefer students to take for credit if it was possible/had the option to (which is in my case). I'm especially iffy about this decision because it would impact my science GPA and it's a core pre-req for chem. Any thoughts/advice greatly appreciated!
Keep it. It's fine and isn't a deal-breaker and a P/F looks more potentially iffy,

Really wasn't the best semester in chem for me -- any thoughts on pass/fail for B in gen chem II? (that's in addition to the B+ in chem lab)

Really wasn't the best semester in chem for me -- any thoughts on pass/fail for B in gen chem II? (that's in addition to the B+ in chem lab)

How are your other grades? Honestly, a B isn't a bad grade. Grades are important, but aren't the only thing schools are looking at when they see your application.

How are your other grades? Honestly, a B isn't a bad grade. Grades are important, but aren't the only thing schools are looking at when they see your application.
Those 2 are my lowest grades. I'm mostly just worried about the science GPA that DPT programs calculate for the application.

Not sure what your other stats are like, but I got a B- in orgo (which counted as a chem requirement), and B+ to B in many other major science courses and was accepted this cycle. I agree with if you take it pass/fail, they have the right to assume it was a C or lower.

Get B+.

Those 2 are my lowest grades. I'm mostly just worried about the science GPA that DPT programs calculate for the application.
You will be one of the most competitive applicants in any school if those grades are the worst for you! Don/t worry about anything.

I had mostly B's in my science courses and was accepted into 2 programs, waitlisted at 3 more (applied to 7). If the rest of your application is solid a couple of B's is absolutely nothing to worry about!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk