BA or BS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SheDaig

Future Doctor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently a student at University of Maine at Presque Isle, majoring in Psychology. I'm going for my associate BA degree.

I was doing some research and going through threads here and now I'm a little confused....

Should I be pursuing a BS or stick with my BA. Does it matter that it is a BA for Psychology? Does this help with getting into med school?

I'm focused on becoming a Child/Adolescent psychiatrist and I want to make sure I'm heading down the right path early, so I don't have to go backwards and do things over again just to get to where I want.

Thanks In Advance!!!

Members don't see this ad.

It doesn't matter as long as you complete your pre-med requirements. In some med schools, this includes calculus, but consists of two semesters each of physics, biology, chemistry, organic chemistry (with lab) at the minimum. This often gets you close to netting a B.S. in the process. Med schools take all majors from college as long as they've completed the basic science requirements.

Whatever your eventual field of medicine will be really has nothing to do with what you take in undergrad. You don't make that decision until your fourth year of medical school.

I don't know what an Associate BA degree is (first sentence).

Good luck.

Associate BA is Associate Bachelor of Arts degree. That's what my psyhology degree i'm working for is.

The above response still applies. You can major in anything you want as long as you fulfill the premed science requirements.

Good luck.
:luck: