Bachelors Degree in...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Tooth Dr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently a junior and the time is coming where you have to declare your major. It seems most major is biology but I was wondering if majoring in something like biochemistry would help me stand out or do the admins look at the science degrees as pretty much the same thing?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently a junior and the time is coming where you have to declare your major. It seems most major is biology but I was wondering if majoring in something like biochemistry would help me stand out or do the admins look at the science degrees as pretty much the same thing?
Thanks
You major does not matter, although some schools prefer a science major such as biology or biochemistry. There's no major that will make you stand out(maybe underwater basket weaving). I think it is important to major in something you like.

Thanks

Just do well and ace your pre-req classes whether you're a english major or a science major. Your GPA is what matters at the end of the day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope. Like the others have said. Just do well in the prereqs. However, many prereqs for best with gettin your degree in bio

Fantastic info! Answered exactly what I needed to know
Thanks