Bachelors degree needed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Buzzin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do I need a bachelors degree to go to medical school? I'm going to wind up being 1-2 classes short of my bachelors by the cycle I want to apply for. Do I need the degree?

Members don't see this ad.

Do I need a bachelors degree to go to medical school? I'm going to wind up being 1-2 classes short of my bachelors by the cycle I want to apply for. Do I need the degree?
I believe so, yes.

Most schools state that you must be at least 3 years into obtaining a degree (not necessarily one of a science background) from an accredited school in order to apply to medical school.

Others please chime in if I'm misinformed.

I'm already a senior in a Biochem major, applying for 2017 cycle but might not be able to get a Molecular Bio class by then which is needed for my degree. It's only offered in Fall semester and it was impossible to fit into my schedule this semester despite trying to go to a different school and all. So I'd basically have to take this 1 class next Fall instead of being in medical school.