Bachelor's Degree required?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Liz Cecilia

Sampson, grab my coffee
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
SDN, so I just found out that one of the dental schools I applied to doesn't take applicants without a bachelor's degree, which I will not have at the time of matriculation- I am going to be applying with only 3 years of undergraduate work under my belt. Does anyone know if any of these schools requires a degree? Different people at admissions are telling me different things, except for at ECU. I'm just so bummed because I worked so hard to get good grades and putting in so much effort to study for my DAT. Not to mention the money lost. :(

University of Michigan
UNC Chapel Hill
Case Western
UDM

Members don't see this ad.

SDN, so I just found out that one of the dental schools I applied to doesn't take applicants without a bachelor's degree, which I will not have at the time of matriculation- I am going to be applying with only 3 years of undergraduate work under my belt. Does anyone know if any of these schools requires a degree? Different people at admissions are telling me different things, except for at ECU. I'm just so bummed because I worked so hard to get good grades and putting in so much effort to study for my DAT. Not to mention the money lost. :(

University of Michigan
UNC Chapel Hill
Case Western
UDM

Is there a doctoothache file showing how many (percentage) are accepted without a degree? Of course it happens, but hopefully you have a decent application. I'm sure you're aware, but you're going up against a lot of people who do or will have degrees. I don't know if it's a result of less 3-yr applicants applying or not. I just know that although a majority say they don't require it, it seems like a really favorable thing. Good luck, though.

Last edited: