WELL, I GOT A B.S. DEGREE IN B.S. SO I WENT THROUGH AN ALTERNATIVE PROGRAM TO BECOME A TEACHER.
Ok, enough with the caps. I taught for a couple years, worked off and on as a paramedic which was a course of study unrelated to my bachelor's, and I later moved into law enforcement. Oddly enough, I was HEAVILY recruited for jobs in the "financial services industry." No clue why. Maybe it happens to everybody. I was also sought after once for a job with the Social Security Administration which I kind of regret not taking. Federal wages and benefits are mighty enticing. 😕 Like most college grads, unless your degree is in a professional area you probably won't be working in a field that has anything to do with your degree. I know a lot of liberal arts majors stocking shelves at Walmart. No offense intended. I don't think those B.A.'s English and Sociology was ever intended for "inventory control." They were just a way to become educated which is what your B.S. is.
On another note, I (due to dollar signs from being a lowly cop) applied for a job working at a lab at an area chemical plant once. They offered me the job, but after being oriented I backed out. I felt like a jerk, but it just screamed boredom to me. Plus I grew up around people that worked out there and they always stunk.