Bachelors or Masters???

Started by lacylane4
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lacylane4

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been searching around for what I would like to major in and I have decided on Kinesiology. But before I fully commit I would like some advice on it. It is a good idea? Will I be able to get into PT school with it? Do I need a bachelor's or master's? And also would it be easier to get into PT school with a masters or would it be the same as if I just had a bachelors degree? Also just any advice that will help me out in the future.
 
I have been searching around for what I would like to major in and I have decided on Kinesiology. But before I fully commit I would like some advice on it. It is a good idea? Will I be able to get into PT school with it? Do I need a bachelor's or master's? And also would it be easier to get into PT school with a masters or would it be the same as if I just had a bachelors degree? Also just any advice that will help me out in the future.

Research the schools you want to apply to. I'd bet none have a graduate degree requirement. Also, it doesn't matter what you major in, what matters is completing the prerequisites for the program you want to apply to.
 
I have been searching around for what I would like to major in and I have decided on Kinesiology. But before I fully commit I would like some advice on it. It is a good idea? Will I be able to get into PT school with it? Do I need a bachelor's or master's? And also would it be easier to get into PT school with a masters or would it be the same as if I just had a bachelors degree? Also just any advice that will help me out in the future.

You only need a Bachelor's degree to apply. You don't need a particular major as long as you take certain prerequisites along the way. With that being said, Kinesiology is a pretty common major among pre-PT students.
 
Read the entrance requirements for a dozen or so PT schools that might potentially interest you and what you need to accomplish during undergrad will be explained to you.