Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Bachelor's or not?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by CrazyFox, Mar 22, 2007.

1. CrazyFox

CrazyFox Ex-Pre-Pharmie

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hi!!!
    I don't know whether this question was asked or not, but I am gonna ask it. Now I am working on my preresq, however I will not be able to finish them till 2009 or early 2010 and most of them will cover the preresq for Bachelor's in Bio. .(Which isn't a major goal for me.Major goal is to get ingo the pharmacy school)A whole bunch of Pharmacy colleges are already favorable towards people with Bachelor's.And probably a lot of colleges will by 2009-2010. So my question is whether or not to go forward and get my bachelor's first and then get into the Pharmacy or not? I know it is a completely my own desicion but your imput is greatly appreciated.Thanks!!!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ADN1226

ADN1226 Class of 2012!

Resident [Any Field]
    Why don't you do both. If you major in a science most likely you'll take all the science pre-reqs early on and if you do really well, you can get in. There are many people that have gotten in without a bachelor's. But if you applied and can't get in, keep working towards the bachelors.

4. fmbzp5

Pharmacist
    I agree if you don't feel you need the degree, why not work towards it but apply beforehand and if you get in great, if not you are still working towards that original BS first.

5. omnione

omnione SDN Pharmoderator
    Moderator Emeritus

Pharmacy Student
    For me, I wanted a Bachelor's degree before entering pharmacy school no matter what, so this was a non-issue for me.

Therefore, you need to ask yourself if you really want the degree. If pharmacy school is your primary reason for going through college, then you mind as well apply as early as possible while working for the degree. If you get in without a degree, which many people do depending on the school, the degree is a moot point if it wasn't your goal anyway. If you don't get in, you still have time to complete your degree while reapplying.