1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

bachelors/reapplying

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by burgler09, May 6, 2007.

1. burgler09

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    My friend's dad is a dentist so I have been talking to him about dental school and I have also been talking to my dentist. Both of them do not have a bachelors degree. I was wondering now if that is more needed than it was back 20 years ago. Also if I were to apply before I got my bachelors to a couple top choice dental schools of mine before I got my bachelors and was rejected does it hurt my chances when I re-apply? Is that looked down upon them if you have already been rejected once?

Thanks for any help/advice!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 2006Grad

2006Grad Membership Revoked
    Removed

You need a bachelors before you get into dental school. It is very rare if not almost unheard of someone gets into dental school without a bachelors. Although, if you dontae a few million dollars to the dental school you might get in. On second thought make that a few billion dollars.

4. who wants to goto dental school when there rich enough to donate billions of dollars

5. burgler09

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    pretty sure that was the point being made lol