Back at SDN pharmacy after 16 years :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

summerRX

Reaction score
Can’t believe it’s been 16 years! I was around in 2004 when the pharmacy forum was fairly new. Good times. When I started pharmacy school, my kid was in kindergarten, and now I introduced her to these forums because she’s planning to go to veterinary school. (She has an interview next week...fingers crossed).

Update on me: I love my job. I work in an outpatient clinic part time. I decided a few years ago that my days off and my mental well being were more important than money. My student loans will be around until I die, but I want to be able to live while I’m still alive.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Can’t believe it’s been 16 years! I was around in 2004 when the pharmacy forum was fairly new. Good times. When I started pharmacy school, my kid was in kindergarten, and now I introduced her to these forums because she’s planning to go to veterinary school. (She has an interview next week...fingers crossed).

Update on me: I love my job. I work in an outpatient clinic part time. I decided a few years ago that my days off and my mental well being were more important than money. My student loans will be around until I die, but I want to be able to live while I’m still alive.

Thanks for the update. Cool to hear that you cut back at work and are enjoying life more. Did you have to really cut back on spending and live below your means to accomplish that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the update. Cool to hear that you cut back at work and are enjoying life more. Did you have to really cut back on spending and live below your means to accomplish that?
I make $82/hr. So if I work 24 hours a week, I make more than my husband who works full time. My days off are very valuable to me.

Reactions: 1 user
What was your old username?
I used my old school email for my prior username, and I no longer have access to that email account. But my identity remains a secret. I read some of my old messages from my younger days, and cringed. lol

Reactions: 1 users
I make $82/hr. So if I work 24 hours a week, I make more than my husband who works full time. My days off are very valuable to me.

Lol - Doing what?
I don't even think Confetti has examples of that hourly rate in the People's Republic of California.

Lol - Doing what?
I don't even think Confetti has examples of that hourly rate in the People's Republic of California.
Oncology pharmacist (outpatient clinic owned by the hospital). I have been with the same hospital system for 13 years, so it took a while to get here.

Last edited:
That's awesome and props to you.

I used my old school email for my prior username, and I no longer have access to that email account. But my identity remains a secret. I read some of my old messages from my younger days, and cringed. lol

Haha same.

Except I kept this OG account. Keeps me humble to see how my jackassery ebbs and flows over the years.

Lol - Doing what?

That’s about what I was making (plus evening differential) when I left california.

Thankfully there’s more to life than money.

Wow thats like the perfect life, congrats! Maybe that will be me one day???