back pain after blood patch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would also like to see fakin's answer to Arch's question, why not give versed? I don't buy Mille's argument one bit.

When trying to call out a user, it's best to identify the user correctly:

Jeff05 said:
would not give midaz for blood patch.

Members don't see this ad.

20cc is too much, apparently, blood patch lead to a oppression on the epidural, resulting in this symptoms. 10 cc is enough

Members don't see this ad :)
20cc is too much, apparently, blood patch lead to a oppression on the epidural, resulting in this symptoms. 10 cc is enough

We use 20cc on all of ours.

When trying to call out a user, it's best to identify the user correctly:

Duh, my bad.

I try to get at least 15cc in and come to think of it. I don't think I have ever stopped b4 the full 20cc is given. If it starts to hurt I just slow down the injection and they do fine.

Duh, my bad.

I try to get at least 15cc in and come to think of it. I don't think I have ever stopped b4 the full 20cc is given. If it starts to hurt I just slow down the injection and they do fine.

there is a legend - i have no idea if it is true, about a young resident years ago at our place, who was told to go do a blood patch - was told 15cc's, and he heard 50 cc's. Anyway, it took him about 1 hr to get all 50 in. Patient did great - no back pain, no head ache.

there is a legend - i have no idea if it is true, about a young resident years ago at our place, who was told to go do a blood patch - was told 15cc's, and he heard 50 cc's. Anyway, it took him about 1 hr to get all 50 in. Patient did great - no back pain, no head ache.

The epidural space can hold 100cc of additional fluid over baseline. In the past when this was done (probably between 1900-1960), blindness often ensued.
I get to do this rarely (work across the street from the hospital and the in house people get all the work) but draw 30cc off and inject 15-20cc. I'll stop at 15 if there is pain or too much pressure. My n is low I have yet to see one fail.

Hey Lobelsteve, what is the photobucket image under your signature? It's obviously in your car. Is it for your stereo, nitrous for the car (not for inhalation) or some form of mobile anesthesia unit?

Hey Lobelsteve, what is the photobucket image under your signature? It's obviously in your car. Is it for your stereo, nitrous for the car (not for inhalation) or some form of mobile anesthesia unit?

I've since added nitrous. The center part is a swirl pot 1 gallon gas tank to prevent fuel starvation under high boost or G. On each side is a Bosch 0440 fuel pump and filter. A separate pump is in the regular gas tank beneath the trunk to feed the swirl pot.

I've since added nitrous. The center part is a swirl pot 1 gallon gas tank to prevent fuel starvation under high boost or G. On each side is a Bosch 0440 fuel pump and filter. A separate pump is in the regular gas tank beneath the trunk to feed the swirl pot.

What type of car is it in?