Backdoor Medical School Admissions through Grad. Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neelesh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hear that a lot of medical schools have programs where if you complete a one-year masters program (usually in physiology or pharmacology) with a good GPA, re-applicants will have a much higher chance of getting in to that particular medical school.

Right now, I only know of one: Tulane Med. I also heard Creighton has one.

Does anyone know the complete lists of these schools and programs?

Members don't see this ad.

BU
Georgetown
RFU (not sure about this one, if it still exists?)
NYMC
UMDNJ

and a whole slew more. pm if you want them.

University of Mississippi - Masters in Biomedical Sciences I think

Members don't see this ad :)
Albany Medical College has a Master's Program in Biomedical Sciences. I'm in the cardiovascular sciences center, we take classes with the medical students. We get a good idea of what we're getting into, and a good answer if anyone questions whether or not you can handle the courseload (Well, gee Mr. Admissions, I did better than 75% of the students you DID accept last year). I don't know about the ones listed above, but it is a 2 year degree, and you must finish a research thesis before matriculating into the Medical School.

even though not everyone has an "official" program, if you do an MS in biomedical sciences or physiology at the school you want to go to, and do fairly well, you're pretty much in

Let's say that you do one of these programs but still only muster a 21 on the MCAT. Are you still in?

Also, your interview may take place without you actually having any grades in for your grad studies. How can they bump you based on little or no grad evaluation?