Background Check ACD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharm4life123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I received an ACD in December in NY. Since this doesn't count as a conviction I answered no to any convictions. My case is pending until June at which time my case will be sealed. I have already interviewed and may get accepted soon. Is there any way I can delay the background check till June when my case is sealed?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Did you have a lawyer for your case? This would be a great question to ask them. In general any kind of deception is probably a bad idea.

For others: ACD is adjournment in contemplation of dismissal, which is mainly used in NY state. Other states may call similar procedures deferred adjudication, probation before judgement, or deferred entry of judgement. It’s similar to probation (but not always classified as such) in that the defendant cannot get arrested or engage in criminal activities for a short period, usually six months to a year. After that the case is dismissed, although the local jurisdiction may keep the arrest record unless it is specifically expunged.