Background check etc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fldoctorgirl

IM PGY-1
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have some questions regarding getting background checks, drug tests, and health records together.

I was accepted to a school that wants us to register to get the background check & drug test by the time the first deposit is due (12/14). However, I still have interviews to attend that I likely won't hear back from until after that date.

My question is, if I get a background check and drug test done, can I resubmit the info to a different school should I decide to attend it instead of the one I have an acceptance to? I'm more curious about the background check, since it is a bit expensive and I wouldn't want to have to get it done twice.

Additionally, the website the school is using to collect info on health records charges a fee for doing so. If I get a later acceptance to a school that uses the same website, would I have to pay again for them to collect my health records?

Not sure if anyone really knows this stuff, but figured it was worth a shot!

Members don't see this ad.

I have some questions regarding getting background checks, drug tests, and health records together.

I was accepted to a school that wants us to register to get the background check & drug test by the time the first deposit is due (12/14). However, I still have interviews to attend that I likely won't hear back from until after that date.

My question is, if I get a background check and drug test done, can I resubmit the info to a different school should I decide to attend it instead of the one I have an acceptance to? I'm more curious about the background check, since it is a bit expensive and I wouldn't want to have to get it done twice.

Additionally, the website the school is using to collect info on health records charges a fee for doing so. If I get a later acceptance to a school that uses the same website, would I have to pay again for them to collect my health records?

Not sure if anyone really knows this stuff, but figured it was worth a shot!

I would bet money that you would be required to pay for the checks again. I've never had to pay for health records, I just gathered them myself... That is kind of odd.

The drug screen could potentially transfer if they use the same website. But probably not the background check. There is always that small chance you go commit a felony in between checks.

I️ agree. You’ll probably need to pay for the checks. The health record thing I have no idea because that seems weird to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would bet money that you would be required to pay for the checks again. I've never had to pay for health records, I just gathered them myself... That is kind of odd.

The drug screen could potentially transfer if they use the same website. But probably not the background check. There is always that small chance you go commit a felony in between checks.
I️ agree. You’ll probably need to pay for the checks. The health record thing I have no idea because that seems weird to me.
Thank you guys. I have an interview at my top choice school next week and am hoping I hear back before December 14th so I don't end up potentially dishing out $500....if there's a high likelihood I'll have to repeat all of the checks, I'm going to hold off until the last minute. I know it's a drop in the long-term bucket, but funds are getting tight currently haha

Thank you guys. I have an interview at my top choice school next week and am hoping I hear back before December 14th so I don't end up potentially dishing out $500....if there's a high likelihood I'll have to repeat all of the checks, I'm going to hold off until the last minute. I know it's a drop in the long-term bucket, but funds are getting tight currently haha
Sorry for the stream of questions but what is your top choice?