Background Check for HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elfariar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently contacted a recruiter to start the application process, and I was told that they would conduct a very extensive background check on me. I'm just wondering if they only check up on you or your entire family as well? The reason I ask is that one of my parent chose not to become a US citizen when we immigrated to the States for financial purposes. Of course there's nothing illegal to that, but I also don't think my parents want to be under the US government's radar. So my question is - would applying to HPSP cause any trouble for my parents? Or would the background check be limited to me? I have a very clean history, thanks to my allergy to alcohol...

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

The background check will be on you. I want to say that when I originally joined I had to provide info on any relatives who weren't US citizens or lived abroad, but other than doing extra paperwork it wasn't a big deal.

Unless your parents aren't supposed to be in the US I don't see how it would cause problems for them.