Background Check for Immigration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LaMedecine

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's a good place to get the background check for immigration? I can go to my state police barracks but it will take a long time to get the inquiry back. Can anyone suggest a fast and reliable background check service?
confused.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Are you talking about a Letter of good conduct otherwise known as a Police letter or a clerance letter? This is a form/letter from the police who run you through the data base to say you do not have a Police record of arrest and you are not wanted for anything as well as a criminal record.

If you or anyone reading this have a criminal conviction or even arrest record you may not be able to attend a school outside the US since some countries are very strict on this.

Are we talking about back ground checks for UK schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are we talking about back ground checks for UK schools?

I do not know? Its the same for the Caribbean and UK as I posted though.

Are you talking about a Letter of good conduct otherwise known as a Police letter or a clerance letter? This is a form/letter from the police who run you through the data base to say you do not have a Police record of arrest and you are not wanted for anything as well as a criminal record.

If you or anyone reading this have a criminal conviction or even arrest record you may not be able to attend a school outside the US since some countries are very strict on this.

Depends on what Caribbean school you attend. When I attended SGU, a police clearance wasn't required, although they did ask about past felony or misdemeanor convictions on my application. The rules may or may not have changed since then. Other Caribbean schools may require a background check.