Background check question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentist42

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I was 17, in high school, I skipped school for a week to stay home and play video games. This was stupid. My principal wasn't a nice guy and said he put this on my permanent record. I was wondering if I could background check myself and see really what's there. Is that possible? Even though this is a really dumb thing, I think it could really hurt my chance of acceptance.

Members don't see this ad.

uhhhh.. its not a criminal offense of any sort to miss school.. It was probably on your permanent school transcript, which might have been sent to your undergrad. But I wouldn't worry about that at all...

Video games? At least do something badass if you are gonna play hookie for a week.

But to answer your question, I dont think your high school disciplinary records will be part of your file.

Members don't see this ad :)
even thought he's trolling, i bet the story is real, and i bet he played WoW. real people played 1.6 and went to school!

Forget about getting into dental school.....video games? Seriously? Forget it

If you are really concerned, you could pay for one of those background reports and see what they have on your information. I know that AAA members get discounts on background reports.

If you are really concerned, you could pay for one of those background reports and see what they have on your information. I know that AAA members get discounts on background reports.

Do you have a link for more information? or should i just google "background check" and pick one.

haha I like your comment crax. I considered going professional in cs1.5/1.6 during that time. Ahh I miss those good ole days... haha.

OP, I really wouldn't worry about it, its not even an actual run-in with the boys in blue.