Background Check

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beezey

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My freshman year I recieved 2 minor consumption tickets within about a month of one another, is this something I should be concerned about as I apply to dental schools? Or is it just the big stuff like abuse or theft that they look for?

They will show up on your background check. You will need to write about this in the applicable section on your application.

Dental schools may or may not care.

My freshman year I recieved 2 minor consumption tickets within about a month of one another, is this something I should be concerned about as I apply to dental schools? Or is it just the big stuff like abuse or theft that they look for?

They may show up on your background checks, but as long as you explained it in your application, you should be covered. Dental schools want to know if you have matured from the incidents so it won't happen again.

However, certain schools may have religious affiliations so underage drinking will be heavily frowned upon.

Just search the forums for background check, there is one of these every month. Your fine.