Background Check

Started by AceHigh
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AceHigh

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi. Does anyone know what's included in the background check?

Is it only criminal or does it include your education and career history?

I ask because I attended Graduate School for Psychology for over a year before I decided to drop out. I was thinking of omitting that from the application and just submitting my college record.
 
I know my school calls it a "Criminal Background Check" just to make sure there's no history of say drug abuse in your past
 
I gotta say, that is not a good idea man. You don't want to omit anything.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree with Atticus, that sounds like a bad, shady, and potentially destructive idea. I am almost certain that PharmCas states you are required to report anything Post-Seconday Institution.

People have asked this on here multiple times and the answer is always the same: Don't do that, bad idea, you look like you have something serious to hide.
 
I think if you spin it well , it will look better that you got into a graduate program and changed your mind about what you wanted to do. If you were getting good grades, you could also report that as your post-bac GPA