Background Checks.. What appears

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

med2345

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently had a bad breakup and my ex-gf just wanted revenge. She filed a restraining order and it had been dismissed in court, so then she filed yet another and I can't sit here and go to court every 2 weeks and have her repeatedly file orders against me (in my state it is very easy to get one, takes 2 minutes to go to the courthouse and lie). So I decided to let her have it granted.

I know it's civil and not criminal and from I researched so far it shouldn't show up on a background check. It is only criminal if I violate it. I counter filed one against her so she wouldn't be able to evoke responses from me as she is extremely manipulative and really just wants revenge against me.

Am i worrying too much?

Members don't see this ad.

To the best of my knowledge, what is done prior to matriculation to medical school is a criminal background check so civil issues such as divorce, paternity, liens, restraining orders, etc would not show up.

Reactions: 1 users
To the best of my knowledge, what is done prior to matriculation to medical school is a criminal background check so civil issues such as divorce, paternity, liens, restraining orders, etc would not show up.

That is what I have collected so far from researching so I feel better about it now. Thanks Lizzy!