Background information on AADSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maisuree

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the background information section, there's a question asking if you have ever been applying to any dental schools in the previous cycles. (I didn't see this question on the last year's application.)

Should I give a list of all the schools that I applied to in the last cycle? How will the schools look at it if I applied last year and didn't get in, and now I'm applying again?

Any comments?

Thanks in advance. =]

Members don't see this ad.

You aren't exactly asking the right group of people. Just because we're predent or dental students, doesn't mean we can read adcom's minds. But for what it's worth. It will look like you are determined to get into dental school and not just the type to give up after one rejection. If you've made strides to improve yourself as an applicant over the last year, I doubt they will look unfavorably on you.

It may look good if you improved your application in the mean time becasue it shows persistance and they like to see that. I have seen people apply 3rd time and get in so don't worry too much about it. My suggestion is don't lie anywhere in the app. and don't leave anything out intentionally because it will come to hunt you down on the road.