Backup plans to optometry

Started by RLK
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RLK

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just curious what people have done who tried to get into optometry school but couldn't. Do you have any suggestions on backup plans?

I have to reapply this year because I didn't make it last year. I really want to go to optometry school though and my grades are fine. It's just that my OAT score is only a 280. If I could only bring it up a little.

Even though I didn't get accepted this year I still setup an appointment to talk to a counselor at one of the optometry schools.

Do you think there's anything I can do to show them that I really want to be there and could make it?

What kind of sucks is that if I would have done as well on the o-chem part this time as I did the first time, I probably would have had above a 300. Oh well, I'll keep trying.