bad credit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guest22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does having bad credit affect you at med school admissions?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe it can affect getting grad plus loans...

Members don't see this ad :)
I understand that but what about just admissions at a school?

They don't ask for your credit score or for your credit card number before matriculation... so I doubt it.

Does having bad credit affect you at med school admissions?

No. Just make sure that you get everything taken care of - speak to a financial aid counselor at a medical school. They will really enjoy talking with you to make sure your credit situation will allow you to matriculate. Don't go through the process until you know - you don't want to be in 'that situation,' so to speak.

The deal with grad plus is they want to make sure you have no 60 or more late CC payments or anything in collections on your credit report (this is what I was told by financial aid anyway.) To cross reference the other post I just made, my credit was stellar when I bought my house before school....since then with no job and (ill admit it) a few 30 day late CC payments on there due to financial aid being unwilling to give me all the cash I really need my credit score took a DIVE recently (I have credit monitoring software)...and I still get my grad plus loans so I wouldnt worry too much.

If you have a cosigner you'll have no problems getting any loans...