Bad DAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

firenoodle

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just finish the DAT and it wasnt as good i wanted it to be. so i have already send in my application but they are not mailed out yet, and i was woundering if i should send out my DAT score or wait all the way till nov to take it again?

sending it out in nov would prob be too late, but anything else i can do? do i send out score now and send it again in nov? anyways, my score

all 19 except for Ochm which was 15. with my crappy gpa and a much imporved gpa in grad school i still prob dont have a shot. but any feed back will be good.

Thanx

Members don't see this ad.

i think you should send in your DAT and see what the schools think. your going to end up taking the dat later on and sending that one in anyways. if im correct i believe theyll see both times you took the DAT so your not hiding anything by not submitting your DAT scores. you never know so i say go for it.

goodluck

Members don't see this ad :)
firenoodle said:
Hey guys, just finish the DAT and it wasnt as good i wanted it to be. so i have already send in my application but they are not mailed out yet, and i was woundering if i should send out my DAT score or wait all the way till nov to take it again?

sending it out in nov would prob be too late, but anything else i can do? do i send out score now and send it again in nov? anyways, my score

all 19 except for Ochm which was 15. with my crappy gpa and a much imporved gpa in grad school i still prob dont have a shot. but any feed back will be good.

Thanx

How long/hard did you study for your DAT?

DMD to Be said:
How long/hard did you study for your DAT?
HI, to tell you the truth, i took time off last summer, but did a half ass job, so didnt really acoomplish anything but copied the kaplan blue book into flash cards. then with school, research, intern, teaching and shadowing i didnt really study that much in between. so to make my story short, i would hontestly say i spend about 3 weeks of solid studying, that is haveng all my flash card made up. Biology was not that hard, just memorization, took me about a week to get everything down from the Kaplan blue book, however, the blue book is not detailed enough for the real DAT. of chemistry, like i said, i memorized the formula, and did 5 practice test and thats about it. for ochem, i just didnt have time to study for it. wish i did, its really straight foward, alot of reaction question, that i miss most of it. And most importantly dont freak out, panic, and dont go to starbucks the morning before ur test, i had to leave and go to the bathroom in the middle of my science section. and try to think logically, cause my test was at 11, i think eating makes u sleepy and cant think straight, so make it early and make sure u get a good night sleep and relax.

But still, i guess the overall vote is to send out my score? right guys?
1. so should i call them and let them know i will retake it again?
2. will they put my application to the side and wait till nov.? and when i take my test its gonna take ada couple more weeks to send it out?

thanx guys

Send it ASAP! you have a lot of chances. gluck to you.

hoabangkhuang said:
Send it ASAP! you have a lot of chances. gluck to you.

thanks guys, i just send out all my scores, 15 dollar per school. i thought it was included in the 200 dollar we paid initially. anyhow, is it bad to send out the score to all the school i intended to apply? or just to some schools so the others wont see my bad DAT score?

hi... i submitted my application... it was mailed out aug 4 and now i m contacting each school so firenoodle pay attention this is important...

I contacted each school to find out if they will consider my application within the committee eventhough I listed in my app that I will take the DAT again in November, this is what they sent me... they will only consider ur app ONCE... so if ur dat scores are there (I PUT IN MY FEB 2006 dat scores in app), they will use that to make their deicisions... but if u decide to retake it, u will have to let them know.

i got a 13 on PAT , everything else was 18s and 19s.. so my DAT was bad, takin it again in nov... so just wanted to see what u guys thinks

toothpaste2006 said:
hi... i submitted my application... it was mailed out aug 4 and now i m contacting each school so firenoodle pay attention this is important...

I contacted each school to find out if they will consider my application within the committee eventhough I listed in my app that I will take the DAT again in November, this is what they sent me... they will only consider ur app ONCE... so if ur dat scores are there (I PUT IN MY FEB 2006 dat scores in app), they will use that to make their deicisions... but if u decide to retake it, u will have to let them know.

i got a 13 on PAT , everything else was 18s and 19s.. so my DAT was bad, takin it again in nov... so just wanted to see what u guys thinks

hi, thanx for the info, i will call them up tomrrow since its already 3 and alot of school aready closed on the east coast. but i was just woundering, which schools did you applied to? and what u said about the school, is it the same for all the school? or just some school? thanx alot, appreciate your help

firenoodle said:

Thanx

I am in the same boat. I took DAT on Aug. 4th and My AA is 19 and TS is 20, but my PAT is 15. I am filling out future DAT on my application. I called UOP and they told me if I got less than 18 in any part, I should retake it. But they r gonna hold my application until they got the future DAT scores, which I am going to take in Nov. But after taking test in Nov., I will call schools up and fax my DAT scores until they got the original one. Let me know How did u study for PAT bcz I only studied Kaplan thing and I did really bad in PAT even I couldn't finish my math.

rupkaur said:
I am in the same boat. I took DAT on Aug. 4th and My AA is 19 and TS is 20, but my PAT is 15. I am filling out future DAT on my application. I called UOP and they told me if I got less than 18 in any part, I should retake it. But they r gonna hold my application until they got the future DAT scores, which I am going to take in Nov. But after taking test in Nov., I will call schools up and fax my DAT scores until they got the original one. Let me know How did u study for PAT bcz I only studied Kaplan thing and I did really bad in PAT even I couldn't finish my math.

well, alot of people say DAT achiever, but i dont know what to tell you, i was spending alot of time on science and didnt really study for PAT at all. i guess its the more you do the better your at it. i think the best strategy is to finish what you are good at fast and spend more time on section where ur bad at. say couting cubes, its easy so just finish that fast, and angle ranking, dont look at it too much cause ur just going to confuse yourself. if you dont get it the first look close your eye and take a 5 sec break and look at it again. and for the pattern folding, dont look at the whole picture, take it apart, if one part doesnt make sense or doesnt follow the sample then its wrong, move on to the next choice. thats how i did my pat, alot of times if your not sure of waht the answer is, look into the choices it will often give you idea of what the answer should be.