Bad Feeling after step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bulld0gs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently took step 1 and as soon as I saw the first question, my brain went blank and I was guessing on almost half of them. I was rushed with time constraint. I later found out I missed six easy questions like what type of cell produce gastric acid? Duh, I was confused at the moment and picked chief cells. Stupid mistakes like theses accumulate.

I felt like crap at the end of the day after coming out of the test center.

I studied first aid and did qbank 1000 questions which I got about 50%.

is there anyone with similar experience who got scores back?

My friend was telling me everyone feels that way but they do well since the exam is curved. But he got at least 60% on qbank questions and he got 230's.

Is this a pathognomonic sign for failing step 1?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I'd probably start studying if I were you.

Seriously though, these threads are stupid. You know the exact answer you're looking for, so I'll go ahead and give it to you.

No way man! I'm sure you did awesome! EVERYONE feels TERRIBLE afterwards but everyone gets like a 260+ so I'm sure you did too! Go drink some beers and celebrate!

(In reality, yes - you may have done crummy. There's only 1 way to find out - wait 3-6 weeks like EVERYONE ELSE)

Seriously though, these threads are stupid. You know the exact answer you're looking for, so I'll go ahead and give it to you.

No way man! I'm sure you did awesome! EVERYONE feels TERRIBLE afterwards but everyone gets like a 260+ so I'm sure you did too! Go drink some beers and celebrate!

(In reality, yes - you may have done crummy. There's only 1 way to find out - wait 3-6 weeks like EVERYONE ELSE)

ouch !!:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Damn...

To the OP.. I made the same post the night of my exam. Felt the same way. It sucks, but just wait the 3 weeks

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't listen to that guy he kicks puppies, of course he won't want you to not have a panic attack when you think about the test. :p

Yeah, like AllUpOnYoMama said, I still feel crummy about my exam. It has been almost 3 weeks... and I don't know how I did. A few days I feel like I did well and most of the other days I feel like I got a 160. I am super worried!

I recently took step 1 and as soon as I saw the first question, my brain went blank and I was guessing on almost half of them. I was rushed with time constraint. I later found out I missed six easy questions like what type of cell produce gastric acid? Duh, I was confused at the moment and picked chief cells. Stupid mistakes like theses accumulate.

I felt like crap at the end of the day after coming out of the test center.

I studied first aid and did qbank 1000 questions which I got about 50%.

is there anyone with similar experience who got scores back?

My friend was telling me everyone feels that way but they do well since the exam is curved. But he got at least 60% on qbank questions and he got 230's.

Is this a pathognomonic sign for failing step 1?

mee too
Don't worry Be Happy :laugh::laugh: