Bad grade not included on Sent Transcript. Advice needed!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jonbajulce

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So the transcript I sent to AADSAS did not include my spring 2013 grades, and I got a D- on an upper div biochem course that quarter.

Should I notify the schools I applied to in advanced that I received this bad grade and ask if they would like me to retake the course? What is the best thing to do in this situation?

I have taken one biochem course before and thus fulfilled the 1 biochem course req some schools have (I believe only Loma Linda requires 2 upper div biochem courses).

Thanks for the help :)

Members don't see this ad.

Many schools ask you to update them whenever you get new grades. I have sent all the schools grade updates from Spring quarter...Also they will ask you to update grades when AADSAS opens it again to re-update for everyone. I would say the sooner they know the better so you know if you should retake it or not

Yeah definitely let them kknow.... you dont wanna look like a smart ass than be punished for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the responses. I'll definitely send my updated transcript.

When I call, do I just let them know that I received a D- in one of my classes during spring quarter, am sending an updated transcript to AADSAS, and ask if it will hurt my chances and if there is something I can do to remedy the bad grade?

No need to ask if it will hurt your chances, as it obviously will. I would just update them on your grades.

How do you update schools on your transcripts before the academic update in November after your application has been submitted?