Bad Grade

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sssppp

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a C+ in general chemistry my first semester of college, will this stop me from getting into dental schools with low acceptance rates?
Also, do dental schools take into account the undergrad we came from? like do they cut some slack if we come from an undergrad with known grade deflation?

Members don't see this ad.

I got a C+ in general chemistry my first semester of college, will this stop me from getting into dental schools with low acceptance rates?
Also, do dental schools take into account the undergrad we came from? like do they cut some slack if we come from an undergrad with known grade deflation?

No one will be able to gauge how strong of an applicant you are w/o additional information. What happened to your grades after your first semester in college?

Also, what school?

overall gpa. just remember that.

Members don't see this ad :)

Yes of course it will. You gotta remember, only straight A-students make it

Yes of course it will. You gotta remember, only straight A-students make it

You can have 1 B though, as long as it was in a business class because, as dentists, we dont need business skills

One blemish on your Grades will not affect your chances. Many blemishes will.

Generally schools won't care all that much unless they are in the same academic system. A good example are UC schools like LA and SF. They accept a higher degree of UC undergrad than any other type of school because they are tied in and understand how grades are handled within the UC system. On the same coin they accept less students from Cal state schools because of the grade inflation problem in general that Cal state schools are having.

no

yes, but not much, and unless it's been in the paper that the school is deflating grades i doubt anyone cares about anything but the school's overall ranking/reputation.

No but your neurotic personality might. Stop worrying