Status
Not open for further replies.

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I am an undergrad and right now struggling with biochem second part. I have a 65% right now in the class and I don't know if i'll be able to boost up to a C. I already got C's on my gen bio and on one physiology lab and one on Biochem first part.

Do you think I'll be still able to get accepted in the Dental School with that grade or should I retake the one of the classes that I got C in because I really don't want to repeat biochem.
Hey! Plenty of people still get accepted with C's on their transcript. Unfortunately though, Biochem is a pre-req for many schools, and while the C you got in Biochem I will suffice that pre-req, the D in Biochem II may raise a red flag to dental schools (plus, the schools that require 2 semesters of Biochem will not accept that D -- you would have to retake it).

As for the other classes, there are two things you could do. You could either retake those classes and get As, which would make your average for those classes B's (since AADSAS doesn't replace grades; C + A = B avg). You'd still have to take a couple of upper division classes, maybe like 2-3. Or, you could leave those Cs alone and just take many other upper division classes like Immunology, Animal Physiology, Virology, Medical Bacteriology, etc. and get As, to show that you know the material (probably 4-5 of these types of classes). Another really important thing is scoring well on your DAT, because this is another way to show you know the material.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.