Bad Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LittleMissB

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi... I was just wondering if some of you fabulous people out there can answer a question. Did you ever feel not-that-great about an interview but still got in to the program? I don't know... I went on my fourth interview and there were a couple of questions that I didn't feel I gave my strongest response to. To most of the questions I feel I answered really well... but there were one or two that I didn't feel that confident about (out of a lot of questions because they were totally firing away) and I feel like that may have killed everything. I know of people who felt they did well but didn't get in... but does the opposite ever happen? Are there any of you out there who felt you didn't do that incredibly great but accepted? Any responses about your experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ;) !

Members don't see this ad.

Did you close the deal by telling them why you a great fit for the program? I have found that does wonders. Also, try practicing responses. I recommend the Q&A interview book(this has detailed answers you can memorize) book you can find out there. I believe it is a good idea to memorize answers to questions esp. if you are not a great interviewee.

Yes, it's happened. You should read the pharmacy interviews to UCSF or any of those schools. A lot of those students say they felt they did terrible but got accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to my first interview and felt mixed about it too because I think I ended up showing how nervous I was. It was to UMB, and I felt like I could have given some stronger answers that could have shown how much being accepted to this school meant to me, since I had enjoyed what I had heard and seen about the school. I'm not sure what I can do about the outcome now, but I have read comments elsewhere too about people having bad interviews, but realizing that they got in. So I hope it works out for us!

LittleMissB said:
Hi... I was just wondering if some of you fabulous people out there can answer a question. Did you ever feel not-that-great about an interview but still got in to the program? I don't know... I went on my fourth interview and there were a couple of questions that I didn't feel I gave my strongest response to. To most of the questions I feel I answered really well... but there were one or two that I didn't feel that confident about (out of a lot of questions because they were totally firing away) and I feel like that may have killed everything. I know of people who felt they did well but didn't get in... but does the opposite ever happen? Are there any of you out there who felt you didn't do that incredibly great but accepted? Any responses about your experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ;) !

I can identify with your feelings. I had an interview with Nova Southeastern University this past October. When I walked out of the interview I thought I had completely blown it!
Even though I had prepared myself with mock interviews, nothing I had practiced came out during the interview. However, I was accepted in December. And trust me, my voice was shaking and giving out during the whole interview. That is how nervous I was. So don't worry. I am sure you did fine. And never forget, the Lord has a plan for you. I realized that His will is greater than my own. Once I realized this and really understood what it meant, the pressure dissolved.

Hope that helped.