Bad Pcat score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trailrider400

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a 60 composite the first time I took the pcat (although I didn't study much) and am a little worried about how much it is even possible to increase a pcat score. Did anyone do bad their first time then drastically improve your score. If so how did you do it?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldnt worry about it man. The stress of the test is enough to make many people screw up. I am a prime example of that. Whenever I stopped worrying about increasing my score and actually went to take the test for real, I did well. You can pull that score up as much as you want, it just depends on how much time you're willing to put in it. Many of my friends and I boosted ours over 20 points just by using a study guide. If you have used a study guide, just go over where your weak areas are. If that doesnt help... remember as many questions on the test as you can and hope they are on the next one... That definitely worked for me... I honestly remembered over 100 q's and i will just say it helped really well :cool:

Dont sweat it... you'll be fine man... just use your head and stay focused

I did poorly the first time. I got a 65. The second time I got a 91.

You said you didn't study much right? Just study and take the exam seriously. You'll be fine.

goodluck! :D

How are your individual scores? With scores that range around 50-80, it can be easy to boost the composite with a little improvement all around.

If time is an issue, then practicing will help. If concepts are an issue, then I'd relearn some more and get some help.